Astral Industries Limited a leading manufacturer of Plastic Molded Tanks, Pressed Steel Tanks, Steel Structures, Fuel Tanks, Hot Water Cylinders, General Fabricator and regular service maintenance.
Astral Industries Limited was established in 2004 and is currently 15 years old with more than 500 distributors all over Kenya is looking to find a competent and self-driven individual to fill the position of Workshop and Quality Control Engineer.
The position will be based at our workshop in Isinya, Kajiado County.
Job Summary: The Workshop and Quality Control Engineer will manage all aspects of the Fabrication Workshop and its team, ensuring that fabricated items are manufactured to the highest quality, and delivered on Site to meet
installation programs and deadlines. It is expected that the Workshop and Quality Control Engineer will work closely with, and become a key member of Astral Steel Division Team.
- Responsible for leading and organizing the entire steel fabrication activities to ensure overall quality of the final products and timely release within contractual delivery time.
- Review the scope of works, drawings and establish production objectives, standards and production schedules to ensure quality, timely delivery and cost effectiveness.
- Ensuring optimal use of resources labour, materials & machines. In addition, oversee scheduling of administrative functions needed to support steel workshops operations.
- To co-ordinate the fabrication activities and troubleshoot problems at Fabrication Workshop, and to ensure the work is executed to the clients Specifications.
- Must remain with the status of projects including fabrication process, schedule, resource needs and execution issues.
- Ensure consistent implementation and utilization of good fabrication strategies, practices and process.
- Will focus on project schedules, project risk issues, direct and indirect cost estimates.
- Review the prevailing system, identify the shortfalls and establish/ maintain appropriate system for measuring necessary aspects of workshop management and improvement.
- Monitor, measure and report on workshop related issues/development plans / achievements within timescales.
- Ensure strict adherence by staff to established safety requirements and maintain compliance.
- Ensures that all established departmental policies, standards, guidelines are being followed by all workshop staff.
- Direct activities in areas of safety and personnel, and ensures compliance with Safety and Quality requirements.
- Establish and maintain workshop production goals and objectives to deliver on business strategy
- Responsible for ensuring that no alcohol and smoking consumption takes place within compound and that an employee who is intoxicated MUST not be allowed to enter and/ or work in the workshop Accountable for the custody and maintenance of material records
- Must be able to read fabrication drawings and relay instruction to employees.
- Organization of the jobs through the workshop and making sure they are completed to the correct standard within the allocated lead time.
- Programming in labor allocations (excel spreadsheet).
- Manage and coordinate production staff whilst ensuring all company regulations are adhered to.
- Liaise with the customers and engineers where necessary to check any aspect of the job specification.
- To identify and manage any issues with work schedules, not limited to but including quality control, production defects and material supply issues.
- You will be running multiple jobs at any time, so time management and the ability to plan works ahead is necessary, of which we have systems in place to achieve this and are easily manageable.
- To make sure all working areas comply with all Health and Safety guidelines.
- When work levels require, you will need to assist with production.
- Conduct Incoming and outgoing Goods Quality Control Assessments.
- Provide detailed R&D, QA and maintenance reports for the workshop manufacturing teams to improve the product.
- Work with standards bodies to develop and maintain new quality standards.
- Produce SOPs, Risk Assessments and setup Processes for ensuring the Quality at all times.
- Ensure compliance with the newly approved Kenyan Standards for steel production quality.
1. B.S. / B.E. degree in Mechanical Engineering/Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
2. 5 years and above experience in workshop management, Quality Control and fabrication
3. Experience in steel industry and certification in Quality Control an added advantage.
4. Candidates with strong personality, leadership qualities, team spirit and an ability to deliver results under demanding circumstances.
All qualified candidates are required to send CV to email@example.com before 15th September 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.