Advertisement for the Position of a Branch Coordinator (Reliever) – Meru Branch
Young Women Christian Association (YWCA) is a National Organization founded in 1912 whose purpose is to develop the leadership and collective power of women and girls to achieve social and economic empowerment, human rights, health, security, dignity, freedom, justice and peace for all humanity.
The Association invites applications for the position of Branch Coordinator (Reliever) for its Branch in Meru.
This position will be for a period of 1 year.
The successful candidate will be based in Meru.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In charge of the day to day running of the Branch
- Coordination of administrative and programme activities at the Branch level
- In charge of Human Resource Management in the Branch in liaison with the National Headquarters
- Liaise with the National Headquarters on Administrative and Policy matters as per existing YWCA Governance regulations
- Ensure Resource Mobilization for Branch Programmes and Activities
- Ensure timely reporting to National Headquarters; Branch Standing Committees and donor agencies as may be required
- In charge of the organization’s facilities in the Branch
- Coordinate all Standing Committee meetings and all other meetings at the Branch level as per YWCA Policy
- Oversee and ensure effective Programme Management at the Branch
- Responsible for Financial Management at the Branch and ensure that Internal Controls are adhered to
- Ensure Development and adherence to Annual Plans and Budgets as per the existing Strategic Plan
- Participate in National meetings and events as required
- Ensure Membership recruitment, development and retention at the Branch level
- Ensure capacity building and orientation for staff and volunteers is done, in liaison with the National Headquarters
- Enhance fellowship among staff and members
- Networking and collaboration with partners undertaking similar activities
Qualifications & Skills:
- Diploma in Business Administration or Social Sciences
- Thorough understanding of business administration and office management
- 3 years experience in a similar position is desirable
- Must be computer literate with report writing skills
- Experience in Programme management and Community Development will be an added advantage
- Strong experience in offering operational support
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- MUST be a Christian aged between 30-40 years, women are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Candidates that are interested and meet the above qualifications are invited to apply.
An application with a detailed CV to reach the under mentioned on or before 30th September 2019.
Human Resource Manager
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted