Job Vacancy: Accounts Receivable Officer
Reporting To: Chief Finance Officer
Basic Function: The position is accountable for the entire process, including managing the Accounts Receivable policy as well as daily & weekly reviews and monitoring of the portfolio & Payments of existing customers. Assessment of regular payments by the clients with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and avoidance & reduction of Non-performing portfolio.
- Accounts Receivable Operations.
- Maintain the corporate Accounts Receivable policy, creating procedures and policies that ensure timely payments while maintaining a high level of customer retention.
- Recommend changes in the Accounts Receivable policy to senior management whenever necessary.
- Manage customer Accounts and Monitor the same on a weekly basis.
- Work on the Client Defaulters portfolio to eliminate Non-Performing Portfolio.
- Work with the Finance team on the Repossession policy.
- Reconciling accounts Receivables on a weekly basis.
- Liaising with customers, as well as internal personnel including the sales team.
- Negotiation with Customers in repayment proposals for the amount in arrears.
- Ensure Customers receive Statements on a monthly basis.
- Motivate the clients to enforce collections.
- 4+ years of credit experience in a Financial Institution with a strong Credit Background: Bachelor’s degree in Finance / business and experience with credit management preferred.
- CPA Part 2 will be and added advantage.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Accounts Receivable Management.
- Have considerable experience with customer negotiations.
- To have worked in a Financial Institution or a reputable Micro Finance.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Good business acumen for problem solving.
- Competency with ERP systems.
- Confidence to deal with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize a demanding workload.
Applicants who meet the above criteria are required to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounts Receivable Officer” being the subject of the email and with detailed CV, names & addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: We do not charge any fee for recruitment.