Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI / VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy.
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI / VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
ACDI / VOCA currently has approximately 49 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of $151 million.
Job Title: Technical Leader for Analytics
Project: Resilience Learning Activity
Reports To: COP
Overview of Resilience Learning Activity: The Resilience Learning Activity (RLA) USAID / East Africa flagship learning award was fully executed effective October 1, 2019. It will support regional and country-level institutions to conduct and act upon resilience learning for key knowledge gaps in the Horn of Africa, contributing to the region’s Journey to Self-Reliance. By building the capacity of institutions to improve analytical capacity, increase the evidence base for resilience programming, and strengthen CLA systems and networks, RLA will contribute to the HoRN’s objective to strengthen regional and cross-border collaboration and improve evidence-based learning.
Job Summary: The Technical Leader for Analytics for the Resilience Learning Activity is responsible for implementing evidence-based assessments and analysis, overseeing the design and methodology of analytical studies that will be conducted through local organizations. He/She guides the technical direction of the M&E approach and strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages analytics, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the program.
- Provide technical leadership and direction in the implementation of robust and evidence-based assessments and analysis informed by best practice and most recent research;
- Oversee design and methodology of analytical studies, assessments, and surveys conducted through local organizations;
- Develop data quality standards and lead data quality assessments (DQA) to assess the validity, reliability, and integrity of reported data;
- Ensure integration of social inclusion and gender dimensions across assessments and analyses;
- Oversee design methodology and lead the assessment of institutional M&E capacity;
- Coordinates with program teams to develop and update the Performance Monitoring Plans and works with the donor on its implementation and updating.
- Prepares materials and facilitate training on general design, M&E concepts, skills, and tools. Provides technical assistance to ACDI/VOCA staff members and partner organization staff in the utilization and management of monitoring and impact assessment tools.
- Ensures M&E quality and standards adhere to guidelines and industry standard good practices. Recommends adjustment of policies and strategies where required.
- Monitors changing needs of target population, identifies opportunities in line with mission and project strategy.
- Evaluates the integration of project design with program strategy, and the impact of business and technical processes to the program.
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative program impact surveys to ensure project goals are being met and that the team is able to constantly improve program implementation quality.
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative program impact surveys able to capture both direct and indirect impacts and beneficiaries;
- Ensures the completion of impact assessment, baseline, midline, and endline surveys to assess the impact of the project on livelihoods.
- Conducts regular field visits to monitor community projects for compliance, efficiency in implementation, and overall satisfaction of beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Manage short-term technical assistance and third-party evaluators;
- Represents ACDI/VOCA and the program during meetings related to M&E and other subjects with donor and government personnel, international organizations, NGOs and others interested in the project’s activities.
- Advanced degree in evaluation/research methods, economics, development studies, sociology/anthropology, or a related field; additional M&E specialized training or certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing analytics, evaluation, data analysis, qualitative studies, action research, case studies, and meta-analyses
- Exceptional analytical, communication, and reporting skills
- Strong management, interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in M&E activities in resilience, private sector engagement, or humanitarian programming funded by USAID is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing multicultural teams and third-party evaluation contractors.
- Demonstrated commitment to integration of gender, youth, and social inclusion dimensions.
- Regional experience and thorough understanding of East African context
- Fluent language skills in English
Please submit a resume to HRKenya@acdivoca.org no later than October 30, 2019.
In the subject line, please include the position title.
Resume and all associated application documents shall be provided as a single attachment in and list long-term employment history and any relevant short-term consulting work.
Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone.
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
ACDI / VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.