Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI / VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy.
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI / VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
ACDI / VOCA currently has approximately 49 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of $151 million.
Job Title: Technical Leader for Knowledge Management
Project: Resilience Learning Activity
Reports To: COP
Overview of Resilience Learning Activity: The Resilience Learning Activity (RLA) USAID Kenya and East Africa flagship learning award was fully executed effective October 1, 2019. It will support regional and country-level institutions to conduct and act upon resilience learning for key knowledge gaps in the Horn of Africa, contributing to the region’s Journey to Self-Reliance.
By building the capacity of institutions to improve analytical capacity, increase the evidence base for resilience programming, and strengthen CLA systems and networks, RLA will contribute to the HoRN’s objective to strengthen regional and cross-border collaboration and improve evidence-based learning.
Job Summary: The Tech Leader for Knowledge Management (KW) for AA3 is responsible for providing leadership and direction in the implementation of effective KM, content management, and knowledge sharing strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and direction in the implementation of effective KM, that includes tacit and explicit knowledge, content management, and knowledge sharing strategies.
- Provide guidance on KM governance, social networking, and collaboration.
- Lead organizational capacity assessments and capacity building related to KM content, architecture, and infrastructure.
- Support field-level resilience partnerships in designing strategic communication plans for communicating learning to high-level stakeholders (donors, government, etc.) and supporting in the systematic delivery of related products.
- Actively support the creation of and participation in relevant external and internal information sharing platforms.
- Oversees techniques for information mapping, dissemination, KM campaigns, strategies for collecting tacit and explicit knowledge,and knowledge audits.
- Provide support to local organizations that are facilitating learning forums and platforms, communities of practice, trainings, and other forms of knowledge capture and transfer.
- Provide tailored support to M&E and Learning derived from county specific resources.
- Manage short-term KM technical assistance and vendors.
- Actively participate in PREG meetings and task groups as assigned.
- Serve as Acting COP in the absence of COP.
- Advanced degree in knowledge management, communications, or other relevant field; additional technical certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in engaging and managing KM and communication activities in the region and/or Kenya.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience in KM and communications related to resilience, food security, livelihoods, market systems, or private sector engagement programming.
- Superb written, and verbal communication skills.Regional experience and thorough understanding of East African context.
- Fluent language skills in English.
Please submit a resume to HRKenya@acdivoca.org no later than October 30, 2019.
In the subject line, please include the position title.
Resume and all associated application documents shall be provided as a single attachment in and list long-term employment history and any relevant short-term consulting work.
Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone.
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.