Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI / VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy.
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI / VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
ACDI / VOCA currently has approximately 49 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of $151 million.
Job Title: Technical Leader for Learning and Adaptive Management
Project: Resilience Learning Activity
Reports To: COP
Overview of Resilience Learning Activity: The Resilience Learning Activity (RLA) USAID / East Africa flagship learning award was fully executed effective October 1, 2019.
It will support regional and country-level institutions to conduct and act upon resilience learning for key knowledge gaps in the Horn of Africa, contributing to the region’s Journey to Self-Reliance.
By building the capacity of institutions to improve analytical capacity, increase the evidence base for resilience programming, and strengthen CLA systems and networks, RLA will contribute to the HoRN’s objective to strengthen regional and cross-border collaboration and improve evidence-based learning.
Job Summary: The Technical Leader for Learning and Adaptive Management is responsible for providing technical leadership and direction in the implementation of learning and adaptive management interventions for the Resilience Learning Activity. He/She supervises the PREG/KW Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and direction in the implementation of learning and adaptive management approaches and interventions based on best practices and global learning.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and foster collaboration with diverse stakeholders including implementing partners in the region, research institutions, think tanks, government agencies, donors, private sector, and local organizations.
- Support the development and test the efficacy of data visualization tools, methods, and analytics to foster learning and adaptive management.
- Leverage informational sources and innovative and well-established research methods including observations, assessments, surveys, and reports to drive learning and adaptive management.
- Oversee local organizations’ preparation and implementation of learning events, forums, platforms, conferences, and workshops.
- Oversee learning and adaptive management and organizational capacity building initiatives.
- Provide technical assistance and high-level guidance in Design Thinking to field-level facilitators as they lead USAID partners through long-term design processes and consensus-building.
- Actively support internal and external learning processes, including activity implementation (and events) debriefing, identifying and analyzing lessons learned from technical activities. Manage short-term technical assistance in the areas of learning, instructional design, and institutional behavior change.
- Advanced degree in management, organizational development, instruction, education, communication, or related field.
- 2 + years experience in the past 4 years of applying adaptive management techniques in complex development programs.
- 2+ years of experience within the past 4 years applying human centered design to group facilitation and/or service design.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience applying design thinking principles and tools to solve development challenges
- In-depth understanding of resilience, food security, livelihoods, or market systems programming.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating multi-stakeholder, multi-sectoral learning and adaptive management efforts.
- Proven expertise in providing learning and adaptive management guidance derived from a wide range of data.
- Demonstrated experience developing content and coordinating learning events, as well as applying diverse adult and organizational learning including coaching, mentoring, peer-to peer, and others.
- Proven skills and expertise in women’s empowerment and gender-sensitive contexts.
- Superb interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Regional experience and thorough understanding of East African context.
- Fluent language skills in English.
Please submit a resume to HRKenya@acdivoca.org no later than October 30, 2019.
In the subject line, please include the position title.
Resume and all associated application documents shall be provided as a single attachment in and list long-term employment history and any relevant short-term consulting work.
Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone.
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.