Our client an advisory services firm focused on improving public service delivery is looking to recruit a Business Development Manager.
Overall Objective of the Role: This role is responsible for identifying business development and partnership leads, propose business opportunities to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with new and existing partners and clients.
He/she will be responsible for growing and leading the business development team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Leads, builds and coordinates business and proposal development process including development and delivery, opportunity identification, tracking and pipeline management.
- Supports Company bids to secure new project contracts, development of technical ideas, formation of teams, development of budgets, writing of technical and financial bid sections.
- Develops and demonstrates subject matter expertise in our services and acts as a trusted advisor to our clients.
- Develops communication and knowledge management processes, activities and materials to successfully engage potential clients to develop business leads.
- Develops proposal management processes and frameworks
- Promotes company branding by focusing on networking and research. Maintains an excellent and responsive relationship with clients to ensure positive company branding and positioning.
- Develops concept notes, EOIs and proposals to successfully submit and win proposals.
- Engages key consultants to support the completion of the work.
- Participates in market intelligence and market research to provide an understanding of the market and inform competitive positioning.
- Actively keeps a pulse on the public finance management space to enhance the mining for potential opportunities for business.
- Enhances relationships and collaboration with other departments to develop relevant proposals.
- Leads the process of putting together proposals in response to RFPs.
- Continuous training and mentoring of team members to enhance collecting, collating and knowledge sharing with a focus on business improvement and winning new business.
- Support project management activities as required to ensure quality delivery of projects.
- Travel as travel is required to promote successful growth and service delivery of the company.
- Other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Academic Requirement
- At least 2-3 years demonstrated ability to propose and win RFPs.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience working in research, knowledge management or a business development function.
- Excellent proposal writing skills and demonstrated ability to win projects based on proposals, EOIs and concept notes.
- Technical knowledge of economics public finance management, policy frameworks and public sector reform in developing countries
- Proficient in the use of MS-Office packages. Additional statistical software a plus.
- Prior experience working in an international development consulting firm, with a strong preference for experience in the development sphere.
- Prior experience working in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Business, Economics, Public Policy, Political Science, or Sociology or other relevant area
- An advanced degree will be an advantage.
- Experience and/or Certification in project management a plus
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Relationship building skills with ability to influence, manage conflicts, navigate challenges, and identify and exploit opportunities.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial experience or attitude.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Strong research and analysis skills.
- Detail oriented with impeccable organizational skills.
- Strategic and Innovative thinker.
- Proactive and takes initiative.
- Proven leadership skills and experience
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Excellent interpersonal, management, and networking/influencing skills to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multitask and work in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to coach and mentor staff
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, submit your application with a detailed CV including three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than close of day, 20th October 2019.
The email title should be ‘Business Development Manager’