Africa Nazarene University (ANU) is an accredited Private Christian University sponsored by the Church of Nazarene International, which follows the Wesleyan Holiness Tradition.
It integrates faith with learning to produce well rounded individuals who are able to meet challenges of their times.
Applications are invited from qualified professionals to fill the following position:
Lecturer – English Language and Literature
Qualifications and Experience
- Earned a PhD or equivalent degree qualification in English Language and Literature from a recognized/accredited university; and be registered or registrable with the relevant professional body (optional);
- A Master’s degree in English Language and Literature accredited and recognized university, with at least three (3) years teaching experience at the university level or in research or in industry;
- A minimum of 24 publication points, of which at least sixteen (16) should be from refereed journal papers; and
- Registered with the relevant professional body (optional).
- Demonstrated professional/consulting, administrative and other community engagement or contributions to the university or society at large.
- Demonstrated professional/consulting, administrative skills and other community engagement or contributions to the university or society at large.
NB: Refer to the table below for research and publication points rating
The maximum points that may be awarded for one item for each category are shown as follows:
Distribution of Weighted Publication Points
How to Apply
Applications giving full details of age, marital status, education and professional qualifications, experience, current post, salary and other financial benefits, copies of certificates, curriculum vitae, transcripts, the names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be present or previous employer) should be addressed to: –
The Vice Chancellor
Africa Nazarene University
P.O. Box 53067 – 00200
Applications should reach the office not later than 8th November, 2019.
Applications could also be dropped at the Nairobi, CBD Campus – Aghro House building, Moi Avenue.
Note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Africa Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.