The Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK) is a non-profit service company, registered under the Companies Act.
It operates 11 schools in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu and Eldoret and provides nursery to senior secondary education in both the national and international curricula.
It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
AKESK is looking to hire the following positions based in Nairobi:
Position: Regional Manager, Internal Audit
Role Summary: Reporting functionally to the Head of Internal Audit at the AKES Head Office, the Regional Manager, Internal Audit will provide operational management for Internal Audit matters.
As directed by the Head of Internal Audit at the AKES Head Office, the Regional Manager, Internal audit will coordinate with the Chair of the Finance & Audit committee in the country.
the Country ŒO, and other senior managers.
The role will also have the responsibility of covering internal audit matters in Uganda and Tanzania as required from time to time.
- Carry out annual risk evaluations to identify and monitor significant controls, compliance and governance risks and accordingly develop an annual audit plan comprising internal audits and specialized reviews.
- Carry out audits in accordance with the Audit Plan vis-a-vis special assignments.
- Evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control systems at various operations and activities of the organization.
- Lead the process of implementing risk-based internal audit plans and ensure they are effectively implemented within the field units
- Develop a follow-up mechanism on implementation of recommendations and corrective actions as identified by internal and external audit, and regulatory reviews.
- Ensure effective implementation of internal audit policies and procedures
Qualifications / Experience:
- A solid educational background (CA, CPA, ACCA, CMA or similar advanced degree) or professional qualification in finance and/or audit.
- At least 7 years of professional experience preferably in a management position within a commercial or not for profit setting.
- Knowledge and practical experience of a wide range of business functions and systems, specifically relating to internal controls, internal audits including management audits, legal and statutory compliance, risk management etc.
- Strong written and spoken English. including reports and proposal writing.
- High degree of professionalism, commitment and integrity.
- Ability to think creatively, solve problems and make decisions based on sound judgment drawing on expertise available within the team.
- Willingness to travel extensively including remote areas.
Applications together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and names of three professional referees should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 13th November, 2019 addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager
Aga Khan Education Service Kenya
P.O Box 41440 00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.