East African Portland Cement Plc (EAPC Plc), a leading manufacturing company, is a cement manufacturer having pioneered the manufacture of cement in East Africa in 1933.
The cement manufactured by East African Portland Cement Plc, is sold under the brand name Blue Triangle Cement and has been instrumental in the regions social-economic development as virtually all spheres of development have benefited from the use of Blue Triangle Cement.
The Company intends to fill the following vacant position as part of a re-organization program that ¡s aimed at providing operational and strategic leadership of its business.
Area Sales Manager
Reporting to the Manager Sales & Distribution, the Area Sales Manager will be responsible for identifying, Growing and sustaining product sales in assigned regions and markets including managing a defined Sales Region.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing support and coordination of sales, promotion and branding management within the assigned regions to deliver a unique customer experience.
- Generating sales through customer relation based approach to achieve sales targets from existing and prospective customers.
- Growing Blue Triangle cement (BTC) sales within the assigned regions through continuous recruitment and management of customers.
- Managing assigned markets through constant visits and communication with the customers, ensure efficient customer service delivery and sustain customer loyalty through enhanced customer experience.
- Meeting Bottom Line targets by convincing existing clients to increase their purchases for BTC (up selling) and search for new clients.
- Developing and submitting comprehensive proposals based on individual or team assessed needs of both existing and potential customers to exploit the opportunities in the market.
- Efficiently gathering market information to enable negotiations regarding prices, delivery and customer specifications with the executive team players.
- Maintaining market awareness on changes in the market that impact cement customers, understand market intelligence in demand for cement and strategies of competition.
- Coordinating implementation of marketing and promotion activities together with the Marketing section and ensuring high BTC visibility in their territory.
- Ensuring extensive market coverage and exploitation of all selling opportunities on a scheduled basis.
- Must act as a bridge between the Company and its current market and future markets/customers.
- Preparation and timely submission of field reports.
We would like to discuss this position with interested but qualified candidates who satisfy the following minimum qualifications;
- Degree in business related studies
- Diploma in Sales/Marketing is an added advantage
- A Business masters degree is an added advantage
- At least four years’ experience in sales management of fast moving consumer goods
- Excellent selling acumen.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the cement industry will be an added advantage
- Tact, diplomacy and analytical skills.
- Excellent geographical knowledge.
- Possession of valid driving license
- Unquestionable integrity
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competencies matches the above specifications, please send your application with a detailed CV, testimonials, current remuneration and full contact details of 3 professional references to the address below to be received not later than 29th October, 2019 quoting the position reference.
Head of HR & Administration
East African Portland Cement PLC
P.O. Box 20 – 00204 Athi River
OR E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org