Vacant Positions: Assistant Manager, Fuel Sales
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Industry: Fuel Retailing
Our Client, a leading fuel company with a chain of customer-centred ultra-modern fuel stations throughout Kampala, Uganda is urgently looking to recruit a versatile, enthusiastic and high-performing Assistant Manager, Fuel Sales.
The position will drive the sales and profitability by building strong commercial relationships with all customers to ensure incremented growth in sales and profitability by performing the following duties;
What you will do:
- Assist in overseeing and coordinating the sales team activities.
- Establish sales territories and goals for the sales team to achieve overall company goals
- Develop and execute innovative sales strategies in collaboration with marketing and management.
- Participates in developing business plans within the marketing area.
- Assists sales staff in the development of sales programs, participating in sales calls to assist in establishing the fuel and lube business.
- Establishes, maintains and conducts ongoing analysis of customer profiles in order to identify and act upon trends, market requirements and potential business opportunities.
- Demonstrated high degree of knowledge in order to provide accurate and timely information/advice to current and potential customers.
- Demonstrates talent for bargaining and negotiating while ensuring all sales practices are congruent with corporate policy, image and direction and respect confidentiality of both company and producer’s business.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships with current and potential future customers based on an approach of targeting customers with whom the company can profitability do business.
- Provides input on repair or replace decisions on capital assets.
- Maintains procedures for the efficient and safe warehousing of all merchandise received with regard to space, accessibility and positioning stock to prevent losses.
- Keeps informed of competitor activities within the market area and recommends marketing program and service revisions.
- Reviews customer accounts to ensure payments are within approved credit policy and performs collection functions as required.
- Participates in trade shows, including developing promotional themes, booth layout, set up and show attendance.
- Support collection, dissemination and interpretation of market intelligence
- Assist in overview of fleet and terminal management
- Performs other related duties as required.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or any other related field from a recognized institution and Diploma in Sales and Marketing a plus
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in similar roles at sales management level in a highly competitive sales environment, of which oil/petroleum or fuel station will be added advantage
- Strong understanding of Oil Business and sales and marketing strategy of fuel products and services
- Must be willing to work in Kampala
- Prior relationships with purchase influencers in industries our client serve is a plus
- Ability to build rapport with sales team, clients and suppliers
- Able to work in a fast paced, demanding environment when required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written, with sales force and customers.
- Good team player
- Demonstrated ability to manage people for efficiency
- Demonstrated success in working complex issues with senior management
- Ability to be self-motivated with a positive attitude and a solid work ethic
- Excellent multiple stake holders & customer Relationship Management (CRM), with ability to establish adequate personal and professional relationships
- Good organizational skills and the ability to be proactive and take initiative
Are you a good match?
Apply today by sending your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 5th November 2019.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.