Our client is a group of growth stage companies in Kenya and seeks to hire an accomplished professional in the role of Audit and Compliance Officer.
The successful candidate will be in charge of accounting, bookkeeping and process compliance across all business units.
Salary: Ksh 40,000 – 75,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and ad hoc audit plans
- Develop audit processes across the group
- Execute planned audits as per the laid down procedures and best practices
- Independently undertake both financial and process audits and present accurate reports to the relevant managers.
- Ensure that the accounting and other business processes are not open to fraudulent activities.
- Enforce accurate bookkeeping and reconciliations across all business units.
- Perform business process reviews to identify control gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Study and assess the work flows, both physical and through the system, and recommend on best practices that creates more efficiency and mitigates against intentional or unintentional risks
- Train the team on compliance with established internal control procedures and following through to ensure compliance.
- Ensure flawless process documentation and traceable staff accountability that supports smooth audit trail
- Discuss audit findings with the respective managers/Head of Department and recommend corrective actions / control enhancements where necessary
- Agree with the managers on recommended corrective actions on key audit issues, timelines, KPIs and responsibilities/accountabilities.
- Perform post-audit follow-up after submission of reports to determine the extent of implementation of audit recommendations
- Discuss audit follow up reports with responsible managers on any pending audit recommendations
- Preparation of periodic audit findings/reports.
- Investigating cases of fraud and other physical and system misnomers and report the same to the management.
- Ensure that all loopholes that could give rise to fraud are detected and sealed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Certification CPA – (K) or ACCA
- Qualification in CISA will an outright advantage
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as an audit officer in a large, busy firm.
- Should be a member of ICPAK or any other relevant professional body
- Strong work ethic and high level of integrity
- Good in advanced MS Excel
- Able to work independently, discreetly
- Excellent understanding of system forensics
Qualified applicants should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org so us to reach us on or before 20th November 2019.
Please quote “AUDIT & COMPLIANCE OFFICER” on your email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.