Company: IMS East Africa
Vacant Position: Bond Coordinator
Reference: Bond Coordinator
Job Function: Effectively and efficiently coordinate all Import and Export shipments Customs clearance and handling at various ports including JKIA (Jomo Kenyatta International Airport) and ICD (Inland Container Depot).
Professionally support the FFL functions in compliance with client, customer and all regulatory authorities’ requirements.
Key Performance Areas
- Regulatory Compliance – Compliance with Customs and local authorities’ requirements for imports/exports handling of shipments including but not limited to
- Ensuring 100% compliance of shipment documents as per regulatory requirements.
- Typing and lodging of various customs entries and ensuring close follow up until they are passed.
- Proper Handling and accountability of all import and export documents.
- Ensuring 100% compliance with bond and customs regulations
- Quality Assurance
- Implement exports / imports SOPs
- Maintain exports/ imports records
- Maintain allocated documents as per approved Import / Export SOP
- Report to Imperial Senior Management, Clients and PPB on problems such as Product quality complaints or non-conforming products, stolen goods / hijacks and counterfeit stock.
- Reply on Audit reports from IHS QA/Clients/PPB
- Communicate with Clients on various matters that pertain to their business – assist with query investigation
- Operations Management
- Collect documents from all handling sheds at the ports (JKIA and ICD)
- Manage parcels, documents and letters as per delivery instructions, ensuring signatures are obtained as per receipts and deliveries effected.
- Dispatch all internal and external imports and exports documentation within scheduled timelines
- Engage with inspection authorities to ensure timely inspection
- Proper handling and accountability of all shipment documents.
- Liaise with all regulatory authorities at the ports (JKIA and ICD) to ensure expedited shipment clearance and release.
- Communicate to Imperial shipment collection from airport upon release by customs.
- Ensure Ex-bonding entries are created
- Ensure IDFs are created on time
- Ensure that all regulatory reports and internal reports are completed on time
- Certificate in Customs Administration.
- East Africa Customs Freight Forwarding Practicing Certificate (EACFFPC)
Skills and experience required
- Clearing and Forwarding working experience in a bond environment – Minimum 3 years
- Analytical skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Driving License / Motorcycle license
- Previous experience dealing with KRA, KEBS and PPB
- Ability to work under pressure
- Positive, confident, self-motivated and able to work as a member of a team
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 24th October 2019
Equity Statement: We are committed to employment equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our employment equity goals. Should you not have received a response within four weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application as unsuccessful.