East African Portland Cement Plc (EAPC Plc), a leading manufacturing company, is a cement manufacturer having pioneered the manufacture of cement in East Africa in 1933.
The cement manufactured by East African Portland Cement Plc, is sold under the brand name Blue Triangle Cement and has been instrumental in the regions social-economic development as virtually all spheres of development have benefited from the use of Blue Triangle Cement.
The Company intends to fill the following vacant positions as part of a re-organization program that ¡s aimed at providing operational and strategic leadership of its business.
Job Ref: EAPCC/BM/18/10/2019
Reporting to the Head of Commercial, the Brand Manager will be responsible for Marketing of Company products, overseeing promotion of Blue Tringle Cement (BTC) brand and ensuring achievement of commercial and marketing objectives.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing marketing strategy for BTC brand to achieve commercial objectives.
- Developing marketing budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations and profit-loss projections for the department and the Company.
- Formulating marketing strategies for Company product, developing and managing Company’s advertising campaigns.
- Gathering market intelligence to gain a clear understanding of consumer insights and initiate new marketing programs.
- Improving product knowledge and brand awareness through coordination and implementation of planned marketing activities, seminars, bill boards, road shows and exhibitions.
- Monitoring point of sales at retail outlets and develop strategies to improve brand visibility.
- Planning and coordination of marketing activities such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions.
- Managing the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, e-newsletters and DVDs.
We would like to discuss this position with interested but qualified candidates who satisfy the following minimum qualifications;
- Degree in business related studies
- Diploma in Sales/Marketing
- Masters degree in a business, related discipline is an added advantage
- At least five years’ experience in marketing, branding and promotion of fast moving consumer goods
- Marketing and sales skills
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the cement industry
- Strong analytical skills.
- Unquestionable integrity
- Possession of a valid driving licence
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competencies matches the above specifications, please send your application with a detailed CV, testimonials, current remuneration and full contact details of 3 professional references to the address below to be received not later than 29th October, 2019 quoting the position reference.
Head of HR & Administration
East African Portland Cement PLC
P.O. Box 20 – 00204 Athi River
OR E-Mail to: email@example.com