Our client, a leading chain of supermarkets is looking to onboard a commercially and market driven candidate to hold the Commercial Manager role in their organization.
The successful candidate will be tasked with driving the development and execution of a commercial strategy in the business.
He/she will be responsible for developing the commercial aspect of the business to increase profitability of the category; undertake research and present commercial business case studies to the management for consideration.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Strategic Leadership: defining the commercial growth path and profitability of the respective category and the establishment of an effective growth process and infrastructure. Work with the related business teams to ensure delivery of the category’s goals;
- Procurement Management: Oversee the procurement needs of the category by dealing with suppliers and ensuring that goods are purchased for distribution. In this capacity, he/she will negotiate for the best possible prices and ensure that the company gains access to quality consumer products;
- Inventory Management: Monitoring the level of stock available to the company to ensure no under stocks nor over stocks of the consumer products and work with the finance team to prepare and review the departmental budget;
- Sales Management: Develop and implement the category’s sales strategy across key market segments to identify and optimize a clear path to aggressive growth. Assess, build and manage an array of necessary channels capable of delivering on the category’s growth objectives;
- Business Development: Device innovative plans to initiate new commercial led ideas and present business case studies for new commercial projects;
- Customer Focus: Use the organization’s customer database to strengthen our knowledge of our customer base and use this information to promote new ideas.
- Stakeholder Management: Work alongside the category and marketing teams to strengthen and grow our new product offering. Work closely with the key suppliers to ensure delivery of the category’s goals.
- Strategic Leadership;
- Entrepreneurial Thinking;
- Drive for Results;
- Customer Focus;
- Operational Excellence;
- Negotiation & Analytical Skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales and marketing or related field;
- A minimum of 2 – 5 years’ experience in commercial/procurement, preferably in a similar industry and in a high-growth business;
- Professional qualification and membership of CIPS or other relevant Chartered Institute;
- Experience in the retail industry is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge please apply by sending an application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Commercial Manager by Tuesday 15th October 2019 5pm.
Kindly attach your CV in word format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.