Catholic Diocese of Maralal
Catholic Justice and Peace Commission (CJPC)
Consultancy Announcement: Conflict Expert
The Catholic Diocese of Maralal (CDM) – (Justice & Peace Commission) is planning to undertake an intensive Conflict Analysis on the pressing issues of peace and conflict in Samburu County.
For this task, the CDM is looking for a temporary conflict expert.
The aim of this analysis is to contribute towards an in depth understanding and the dynamics of the conflict transformation within Samburu County, to in turn help strengthen peace building programs and conflict transformation strategies.
The target areas for getting data for the analysis are the three sub-counties of Samburu County namely Samburu West, Samburu East and Samburu North (covering the 14 Parishes of the catholic Diocese of Maralal).
Position: Conflict Expert
Immediate Supervisor: CJPC Coordinator and CPS Worker
Job Purpose: To prepare and finalise a strong and meaningful conflict analysis to provide data about current conflict tendencies and strategies to support the work of the Justice and Peace Commission in the diocese.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collect data from communities, priests, literature, media, CJPC commissioners and other stakeholders
- Provide input and ideas of data collection
- Develop data collection tools
- Analyse collected data and conduct data validation
- Finalise the data analysis and prepare conflict analysis for publication
- Develop a strong conflict analysis paper together with CJPC staff
- Ready to begin working in November 2019 and present final paper by January 2020 the latest
- Coordinate with the members of the CJPC
- Strict adherence to deadlines regarding the final conflict analysis
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelors degree holder in conflict and peace or related field, Masters degree holder preferred
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in relevant field
- Must have a basic knowledge and understanding of conflicts, culture and politics of Samburu County
- Must be proficient in computer applications, e.g. Microsoft Office and Statistical Data Software
- Has a record of published articles and papers relating to peace and conflict
- Language skills: Fluency in English and Swahili is required; knowledge in Samburu, Turkana or Pokot is an asset
- Must have excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Is a committed person willing to serve the community in the advertised position
- Must be self motivated and has a high level of integrity and reliability
- Team player
- Positive work ethic
- Good mobilization skills.
- Has a sensitivity to cultural, political and gender issues
- Is able to work with deadlines
How to Apply:
If you believe that you meet these requirements and you are interested in applying for the above position, please send your application letter together with your detailed curriculum vitae, by Friday 8th of November 2019 by 5 pm.
Address to the
Human Resource Manager,
Catholic Diocese of Maralal,
P.O Box 350, 20600,
OR email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clearly mention the position you are applying for when submitting your application.
Hand deliveries to be dropped at the Secretary’s office, Maralal Catholic Secretariat.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.