Cosmopolitan SACCO is a reputable, financially strong and one of the fastest growing financial institution based in Nakuru with operations in Bahati, Naivasha, Narok and Molo.
We seek highly motivated, self-driven and results oriented individuals to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Branch Operations Manager
Job Reference: Cosmo/BOO/2019
Reporting to: Branch Manager
Job Description: BOO is responsible for managing branch operations risk. Specifically the BOO is responsible for implementing the Branch Processes including, Telling, Cash Management, Customer Experience, KYC, Accounts Opening and contribute to branch growth and management of credit risk.
DUTIES OF A BRANCH OPERATIONS MANAGER
1. Deputize the Branch manager in his/her absence.
2. Manage and report on compliance to branch processes – KYC, Accounts Opening, Customer Service and Experience, Cash Management, Data Processing and Credit Processes
3. Prepare various monthly reports that compare budgeted costs to actual cost including treasurer’s report.
4. Maintain the branch cash book and ensure its reconciliation with the bank and source documents.
5. Computing and fixing of Fixed Deposits for the members and drawing of bankers cheques
6. Monitor the performance of branch loans portfolio
7. Maintain branch accounting.
8. Ensure banking premises are well maintained.
9. Ensure that all customers are served in an orderly manner and without delay.
10. Receive complaints from the customers and act on them on the spot and where not in a position, direct them to the superiors.
11. Strive at all times to ensure the customer is comfortable and receiving the necessary attention.
12. Encourage customers to give their service comments on the provided forms and have them inserted in the suggestion box.
13. Ensure that all complaints/suggestions are presented to a staff meeting, discussed and prompt action taken to remedy the situation.
14. To undertake management and development of Branch staff.
15. Prepare reports on customer care to guide management in development of suitable products and delivery system.
16. Implement Branch risk management policies.
17. Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Branch Manager
1. Proven experience in a similar role
2. Sufficient knowledge of modern accounting techniques and best practices.
3. Ability to meet business targets and goals
4. Excellent organizational skills
5. Results driven and customer focused
6. Be of exemplary integrity and honesty
7. Empathy to Member needs
8. Be decisive and possess quick judgment skills
9. Possess excellent business writing skills
10. Be proactive and takes initiative
11. Possess analytical and critical thinking skills.
12. In-depth Knowledge of the asset management and market structure sectors preferred.
13. Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
14. Must be self- motivated
15. Be a team player
Education: Formal Qualifications
1. Have a relevant degree.
2. At least five (5) years’ experience in a financial institution.
3. Certification in banking will be an added advantage.
4. Be between 30 – 45 years of age.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
Market yourself by sending a one-page cover letter about yourself and achievement to date together with your CV & I.D. Card (in PDF format as one document) clearly indicating “Branch Officer – Operations” on the subject line to email@example.com on or before 8th November 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.