Cosmopolitan SACCO is a reputable, financially strong and one of the fastest growing financial institution based in Nakuru with operations in Bahati, Naivasha, Narok and Molo.
We seek a highly motivated, self-driven and results oriented individual to fill the following position:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Job Reference: Cosmo/BDO/2019
Department: Marketing and Member Engagement
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Location: Branch and/or Region
The successful candidate is expected to improve the SACCO’s market position and achieve financial growth. This person implements long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer/member relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
To work with the branch managers, marketing staff, and other managers to increase member recruitment, deposit mobilization, transactions and credit opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the SACCO.
To identify potential new members/customers, make presentations to them, convert business opportunities and continue to grow business in the future. Manage existing members and ensure they stay satisfied and positive, identify clients future needs.
DUTIES OF A REGIONAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
1) To prospect for new members by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. Use of persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company.
2) Develop a rapport with new members, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. Further also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to members. Work with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff.
3) He/she may manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for the SACCO. Planning is part of this job description, since it is the Business Development Officer’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the SACCO. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the products/services the SACCO can provide, and of the competitors.
New Business Development
1. Prospect for potential new members and turn this into increased business.
2. Establish a robust pipeline of opportunities within your market or geographic area.
3. Meet potential members by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
4. Identify potential members, and the decision makers within the client organization.
5. Research and build relationships with new clients.
6. Set up meetings between members decision makers and SACCO’s management team.
7. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the member’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
8. Participate in pricing the products and services.
9. Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
10. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
11. Present an image that mirrors that of the member.
1. Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
2. Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet Member needs.
3. Arrange and participate in internal and external members debriefs.
4. Support the implementation of the member engagement program
Business Development Planning
1. Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
2. Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
3. Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
4. Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the SACCO’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
1. Submit weekly market opportunities progress reports ensuring accuracy of the data.
2. Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the SACCO’s policies or other sales management system.
3. Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
4. Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
5. Work with marketing staff to ensure that all targets are achieved as planned.
6. Ensure all team members represent the SACCO’s brand in the best light.
7. Present business development training and mentoring to sales executives and other internal staff.
8. Understand the SACCO’s goals and purpose and make meaningful contributions to attain them.
1) Exemplary integrity and honesty
2) Have excellent persuasion, and networking skills
3) Be decisive and possess quick judgment skills
4) Possess excellent business/proposal writing skills
5) Possess market knowledge and meeting sales goals/targets,
6) Possess analytical and critical thinking skills
7) Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
8) Be able to motivate and mentor a team
9) Be a team player
10) Be proactive and possess initiative
11) Be 35-40 years of age
Education: Formal Qualifications
1) Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
2) Relevant professional Certifications
3) Membership in relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage
4) At least five (5) years previous experience in the fields of sales/sales management/sales support/Marketing
5) Above years of age
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
Market yourself by sending a one-page cover letter about yourself and achievement to date together with your CV & I.D. Card (in PDF format as one document) clearly indicating “BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER” on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 8th November 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.