Cosmopolitan SACCO is a reputable, financially strong and one of the fastest growing financial institution based in Nakuru with operations in Bahati, Naivasha, Narok and Molo.
We seek a highly motivated, self-driven and results oriented individual to fill the following position:
Job Title: Credit Portfolio Manager – Business & Asset Finance Loans
Job Reference: Cosmo/CPMBAL/2019
Reporting to: Head of Credit
Location: Head Office
Job Description: The portfolio manager is responsible for growth and management of the business loan portfolio through credit underwriting, managing the portfolio quality and profitability. The portfolio manager owns and is accountable for understanding credit risks associated with the business loans portfolio.
Duties of a Credit Portfolio Manager – Business & Asset Finance Loans
1. Develop and Implement the credit strategy through business loans portfolio
2. Enforces Credit Policy and risk management policy with regards to business loan portfolio
3. Ensure accurate completion of internal loan reviews and determination of appropriate risk ratings. Provide credit risk management of the business loan portfolios
4. Formalizes action plans for loans having upcoming maturity dates
5. Review of loan applications and analysis of credit information to assess Member’s credit worthiness
6. Conducts in-depth analysis of balance sheets and profit and loss statements of business loans applicants
7. Provides advice and guidance to credit officers at the branch level regarding business loan policies and procedures, credit analysis, financial statement evaluation, and credit investigations.
8. Carry out loan portfolio rebalancing to assure diversification of the business loans portfolio
9. Implement and maintain controls for underwriting, loan administration and collections of business loans.
10. Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Credit or the C.E.O.
1. Proven experience, as a credit portfolio manager or similar role in credit department
2. Strong business acumen and credit structuring skills
3. Sufficient knowledge of modern management techniques and best practices in credit management
4. Ability to meet business targets and goals
5. Excellent organizational skills
6. Be of exemplary integrity and honesty
7. Empathic to member needs
8. Be decisive and possess quick judgment skills
9. Possess excellent business writing skills
10. Be proactive and take initiative
11. Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
12. Must be self- motivated and be ready to work with minimum supervision
13. Be a team player
1. A relevant degree or Diploma.
2. A professional qualification in credit is an added advantage.
3. At least 5 years’ experience in a financial institution.
4. Be between 30 – 45 years of age.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
Market yourself by sending a one-page cover letter about yourself and achievement to date together with your CV & I.D. Card (in PDF format as one document) clearly indicating “CREDIT PORTFOLIO MANAGER BUSINESS LOANS” on the subject line to email@example.com on or before 8th November 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.