Cosmopolitan SACCO is a reputable, financially strong and one of the fastest growing financial institution based in Nakuru with operations in Bahati, Naivasha, Narok and Molo.
We seek a highly motivated, self-driven and results oriented individual to fill the following position:
Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
Job Reference: Cosmo/HRMA/2019
Reporting to: Human Resource Manager
Location: Head Office
Job Description: HRM Assistant is the behind-the-scenes business partner whose main job responsibilities is focused on helping HRM Manager accomplish HRM related tasks.
As the HRM Assistant you are involved with nearly all programs and services that relate to Cosmopolitan SACCO’s human resources division. Beyond administrative tasks in HRM, your works involves and include supporting HR Manager in recruiting, hiring, training new employees, compiling performance reports, developing compensation and benefits information.
Duties of A Human Resource Management Assistant
1) Daily job duties and responsibilities include:
a) Answering employee questions
b) Processing incoming mail
c) Creating and distributing documents
d) Providing customer service to organization employees
e) Serving as a point of contact with vendors/administrators
f) Maintaining HRMIS by updating and entering data
g) Setting appointments and arranging meetings
h) Maintaining calendars of HR management team
i) Compiling reports and spreadsheets and preparing spreadsheets
2) Recruitment/New Hire Process
a) Participating in recruitment efforts
b) Posting job ads and organizing resumes and job applications
c) Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process
d) Collecting employment and tax information
e) Ensuring background and reference checks are completed
f) Preparing new employee files
g) Overseeing the completion of compensation and benefit documentation
h) Orienting new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstation, email address, etc.)
i) Conducting benefit enrollment process
j) Administering new employment assessments
k) Serving as a point person for all new employee questions
3) Payroll and Benefits Administration
a) Processing payroll, which includes ensuring leave and sick time are tracked in the system
b) Answering payroll questions
c) Facilitating resolutions to any payroll errors
d) Participating in benefits tasks, such as claim resolutions, reconciling benefits statements, and approving invoices for payment
4) Record Maintenance
a) Maintaining current HR files and databases
b) Updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
c) Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
d) Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
e) Performing payroll/benefit-related reconciliations
f) Performing payroll and benefits audits and recommending any correction action
g) Completing termination paperwork and assisting with exist interviews
h) Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time by the C.E.O.
2. Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
3. Must possess strong interpersonal skills
4. Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the HR management team, and in group presentations and meetings
5. Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
6. Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
7. Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
8. Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
9. Be of exemplary integrity and honesty
10. Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
11. Must be self- motivated
12. Be a team player
Education: Formal Qualifications
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline. A diploma in HRM is a must.
2. Five (5) years of Human Resources Management experience preferred.
3. MBA (HRM Option) can be an added advantage
4. Membership to HRM profession also an added advantage
5. Be between 30 – 40 years of age.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
Market yourself by sending a one-page cover letter about yourself and achievement to date together with your CV & I.D. Card (in PDF format as one document) clearly indicating “Human Resources Management – Assistant” on the subject line to email@example.com on or before 8th November 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.