Cosmopolitan SACCO is a reputable, financially strong and one of the fastest growing financial institution based in Nakuru with operations in Bahati, Naivasha, Narok and Molo.
We seek highly motivated, self-driven and results oriented individuals to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Micro-Credit Assistant
Job Reference: Cosmo/MCA/2019
Department: Credit – Micro Loans Portfolio
Reporting to: Branch Manager
Job Description: The Microcredit Assistant will discover, recruit train and manage groups and individual micro credit business members. The MCA will mobilize micro deposits and shares. Further, originate micro loans and participate effectively and efficiently in the micro credit process. The MCA shall follow up groups for loan recoveries and where necessary collections.
Duties of A Micro-Credit Assistant
1. Consistently grow the SACCOs product portfolio by Marketing to individuals and groups.
2. Conduct training and guide potential members and members on application process and new products.
3. Analyze and verify borrower, loan application to determine member’s credit worthiness (Loan appraisal).
4. Play a key role in business development and direct customer relationship management.
5. Loan recoveries, collections and maintaining quality portfolio.
6. Meet set monthly and annual targets in terms of loan portfolio.
7. Responsible in planning, monitoring and evaluation of targets and achievements.
8. Participate in the formulation and implementation of micro-credit policies and procedures.
9. Participate in the develop new products and new markets as the case may be.
10. Offer financial advisory services to micro credit members.
11. Exercise due diligence in operations on Know your customer (KYC) to prevent and detect frauds and forgeries.
12. Any other duty that may be assigned.
1) Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
2) Must possess strong interpersonal skills
3) Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally.
4) Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
5) Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
6) Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
7) Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
8) Be of exemplary integrity and honesty
9) Empathic to Member needs
10) Be decisive and possess quick judgment skills
11) Possess excellent business writing skills
12) Be proactive and take initiative
13) Possess analytical and critical thinking skills .
14) Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
15) Must be self- motivated
16) Be a team player
Education: Formal Qualifications
1. Relevant degree/diploma and certifications.
2. Three (3) years’ experience in credit management in a financial institution.
3. Be between 25 –35 years of age.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
Market yourself by sending a one-page cover letter about yourself and achievement to date together with your CV & I.D. Card (in PDF format as one document) clearly indicating “Micro Credit Assistant” on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 8th November 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.