Our client, a leading chain of supermarkets is looking to onboard a commercially driven candidate to hold the Deli Commercial Manager role in their organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the financial performance of the DELI and drive sales & profits.
He/she will be responsible for managing the operational activities of the DELI to achieve profitability and ensure consistent standards and delivery.
Reporting to the Head of Operation and Fresh, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Strategic direction & orientation: Work with the team to conceptualize the departmental strategy and work closely with them to deliver the strategy and drive production, sales and profit generation.
- Market awareness: Monitor market trends and key market changes and continuously come up with innovative ways to stay on top of these trends;
- Project Management: Develop business cases on new Deli projects after a detailed assessment of the return on investment and present the same to management for consideration and approval;
- Customer Focus: capitalize on data available to the organization to identify consumer trends, needs to review & develop products that meet the customer needs and strengthen customer base. Offer consistent, fair, respectful and high standard customer experience to ensure repeat business;
- People Management & Management: Ensure proper training and orientation of staff to ensure they are well equipped to deliver the mandate of the department. Ensure implementation of employee safety measures for food handling and preparation, implementing the most functional and efficient methods that meet all local and international standards;
- Operational Excellence: Evaluate product and ingredient suppliers, as necessary, and investigate new sources of supply. Establish product pricing that will achieve margin goals set, timely and accurate price labelling of prepared food product and ensure alignment to all local and international standards;
- Procurement Management: Work with the procurement team to evaluate product and ingredient suppliers, as necessary, and investigate new sources of supply.
- Pricing: Work with the finance team to establish product pricing that will achieve margin goals set targets and goals. Ensure timely and accurate price labelling of prepared foods product
- Strategic Focus;
- Commercial Acumen;
- Drive for Results;
- Customer Focus;
- Operational Excellence;
- People Management & Development.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales and marketing or related field;
- A minimum of 2 – 5 years’ experience in commercial/food production and Service, preferably in a similar industry and in a high-growth business;
- Experience in the retail industry is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge please apply by sending an application to email@example.com with the subject Deli Commercial Manager by Tuesday 15th October 2019 5pm.
Kindly attach your CV in word format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.