East African Portland Cement Plc
Join a Leading Manufacturing Company
East African Portland Cement Plc (EAPC Plc) is a household name in the manufacture and provision of cement, Innovative cement products and solutions having pioneered this business in 1933.
The cement manufactured by East African Portland Cement Plc, is sold under the brand name Blue Triangle Cement and has been instrumental in the regions social-economic development as virtually all spheres of development have benefited from the use of this leading brand.
The Company intends to fill the following vacant positions as part of a re-organization program that is aimed at securing operational and strategic efficiency of the Company.
Head of Commercial
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Commercial Division will be responsible for providing strategic leadership in the development of the Company’s Distribution, Sales, Brands & Marketing and Export segment
strategies, define and implement processes and structures to attract & retain customers and increase the Market share and sales volume in line with the Company’s strategic objectives.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement appropriate strategies by selecting, segmenting and targeting markets, and promoting products and services to those markets;
- Identify and analyze the organization’s strengths and weaknesses, and respond to opportunities and threats in the commercial environment
- Develop the Company annual strategic sales and marketing plans and cost effectively manage their implementation
- Monitor market competition activities and trends and advise the Company on marketing strategies to guard brand strength and sales.
- Approve appointments of cement distributors and other distribution partners in liaison with management.
- Plan and develop competitive trading terms to spur growth and profitability for the Company.
- Coordinate, monitor, develop and retain a Sales & Distribution team to achieve set objectives and targets.
- Build and manage regional sales & marketing functions across the country as well as international markets
- Develop and track KPIs across the entire commercial Division.
- Coordinate the preparation of departmental budgets and enforce controls
- Establish and build strategic partnerships with transporters and other service providers to support sales.
- Secure growth of sales revenue and brand strength
- Prepare reports that provide timely feedback to the Board and senior management regarding sales and market performance
- Maintain accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports across the markets.
We would like to discuss this position with interested but qualified candidates who satisfy the following qualifications;
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
- Master’s degree in business related field will be an added advantage.
- 8 years relevant experience, with 4 years at senior management level including in strategy formulation & implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and report writing skills.
- Team player and strong leadership and management skills.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Sales, distribution and marketing skills/experience.
- Ability to interpret financials.
- Unquestionable character and integrity.
- Self-motivated, innovative and focused.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competencies matches the above specifications, please send your application with a detailed CV, testimonials, current remuneration and full contact details of 3 professional references to the
address below to be received not later than 18th October 2019 quoting the position reference.
The Managing Director
East African Portland Cement Plc
P.O. Box 20-00204 Athi River
OR E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org