East African Portland Cement Plc
Join a Leading Manufacturing Company
East African Portland Cement Plc (EAPC Plc) is a household name in the manufacture and provision of cement, Innovative cement products and solutions having pioneered this business in 1933.
The cement manufactured by East African Portland Cement Plc, is sold under the brand name Blue Triangle Cement and has been instrumental in the regions social-economic development as virtually all spheres of development have benefited from the use of this leading brand.
The Company intends to fill the following vacant positions as part of a re-organization program that is aimed at securing operational and strategic efficiency of the Company.
Manager, Sales & Distribution
Job Ref: EAPCC/MSD/04/10/2019
Reporting directly to the Head of Commercial, the Manager Sales & Distribution will provide Departmental leadership ¡n developing and implementing strategies to spur growth in sales and ensure development of distribution channels for the Company’s products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee the execution of the Sales and distribution strategy, including identifying markets, potential customers and delivery channels.
- Provide leadership on the day-to-day operations of the sales and distribution Department, while maintaining focus on EAPC Plc’s strategic goals;
- Oversee the development of business growth initiatives to attract and retain customers.
- Ensure brand profitability through correct pricing policies, developing effective price strategy and brand strength.
- Monitor competitor activities as well as the performance of the company’s products in the market and advise management accordingly;
- Analyze sales statistics to determine business growth potential;
- Develop and maintain business relations with all customers of EAPC Plc;
- Initiate action plans to approach and secure new business for EAPC Plc;
- Oversee the development of cement distribution channels and customer service functions
- Maintain excellent customer service.
- Develop and implement the approved volumes and revenue budget.
- Plan and co-ordinate efficient and timely delivery of company products to the market.
- Prepare the operational budget and control costs.
- Oversee the overall management of the sales & distribution department and identify training and development needs of the staff.
We would like to discuss this position with interested but qualified candidates who satisfy the following qualifications;
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- Master’s degree in business related field will be an added advantage
- 6 years relevant experience, with 3 years at senior management level
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player and strong leadership and management skills
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Sales and distribution skills including management of sales regions.
- Experience in Trade and Route to Market planning and management.
- Unquestionable character and integrity.
- Self-motivated, innovative and focused.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competencies matches the above specifications, please send your application with a detailed CV, testimonials, current remuneration and full contact details of 3 professional references to the
address below to be received not later than 18th October 2019 quoting the position reference.
The Managing Director
East African Portland Cement Plc
P.O. Box 20-00204 Athi River
OR E-Mail to: email@example.com