Our client dealing in Electrical services is looking to fill in the role of HR Officer.
The position is based in Thika.
- Formulate and review human resource policies and ensure proper implementation.
- Develop and manage all HR Policies & Processes – Recruitment, On-boarding, Leave, Rewards Disciplinary & Separation
- Forecast manpower needs in liaison with the other senior managers.
- Initiate and participate in the recruitment and selection of staff at all levels.
- Initiate, recommend and oversee the implementation of reviewed terms & conditions for staff.
- Ensure maintenance of harmonious working relations through effective communication with staff, their supervisors and/or representatives.
- Handle disciplinary cases and advise the staff disciplinary committee accordingly.
- Management of staff welfare, and provide management advice on HR and other staff issues.
- Supervise, develop and appraise staff within the department.
- Develop the department’s work plan and budget and ensure adherence to set limits and targets.
- Oversee the management of change process in the organisation.
- Ensure that employee performance appraisals are conducted in a fair manner as per approved policies.
- Improve skills set and optimum staff numbers (Required staff to be hired on a need basis as the company grows)
- Design clear succession planning for key positions
- Accurately manage all staff information in a clearly designed HR System
- Prepare and submit periodic HR reports
- Five (5) years minimum work experience in HR preferably in the Manufacturing sector.
- Undergraduate degree
- Additional HR Training & Certification
- Attention to detail, problem solving skills & ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Proficient communicator at all levels, both verbal and written
- Possess top-level interpersonal, analytical, negotiation skills
- High professional ethical standards in the workplace
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants to send their application and detailed CV, indicating past or current and expected remuneration to email@example.com, clearly indicating the position in the email subject line by 8th October 2019.