FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Director
Reports To: Chief of Party (Project Director)
Location: Rift Valley
Position Summary: The Monitoring & Evaluation Director will be responsible for the design, implementation and technical quality of all monitoring, evaluation and research activities for HIV Service Delivery Support Activity – Rift Valley (Afya Nyota ya Bonde) Program.
The position will be based in Kenya and will report to the Project Director/Chief of Party (COP).
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design and implementation of the project’s monitoring and evaluation activities, including the development of the project’s Monitoring and Evaluation plan; development and monitoring of project indicators; oversight of data collection and analysis; synthesis of data and project outcomes; data quality assessments and auditing of data;
- Lead the design and implementation of the project’s research activities, including operations research, performance evaluations, impact evaluations and rapid/special studies.
- Lead efforts to identify key research questions and develop studies that test innovative strategies for addressing improving the quality and uptake of health services;
- Develop and lead implementation of strategies for institutional and individual capacity building on data collection, collation and reporting procedures; Build institutional and individual capacity of staff, implementing partners, government counterparts in county and sub-county levels, and other stakeholders in program monitoring and evaluation, data collection and management, report and use of data for program planning and improvements;
- Oversee the dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to local, national and regional-level intergovernmental bodies, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
- Promote forums which facilitate collaboration, learning and action as a result of this information among these actors;
- Ensure that data from the project is fed into national health management information systems and promote its use among stakeholders for learning and policy development and programming;
- Ensure research implementation adheres to FHI 360 and international policies and standards and remains technically and ethically sound.
- Usher research protocols through FHI 360 Internal Review Board and national external review processes;
- Monitor and maintain relevant protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports;
- Oversee a team of monitoring, evaluation and research staff for the project and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members;
- Contribute to work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence;
- Deliver presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as public health, mathematics, business, statistics, or international relations.
- At least seven years of experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluating activities for complex programs in developing countries.
- A firm command of the M&E issues with respect to improvements in quality integrated service and support programs.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing M&E systems that track performance as per the objectives of this project (e.g. service integration, performance
against each funding stream).
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project’s activities and support project supervision.
- Strong writing and organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on program and program outcomes and impacts.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
CLICK HERE to apply online