Our client is a reputable company dealing in fast-moving consumer goods.
They are looking for dynamic, innovative and result-oriented individuals to fill in the following position;
Reporting to the Head of Operations, The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for managing and leading overall plant operations, ensuring continuous improvement efforts of the plant as well as leading all production employees and activities to ensure the efficient operation of the plant and the quality of the products produced.
- Ensuring preventative maintenance and repairs of all machinery and equipment to minimize downtime, increase reliability and improve machine availability.
- Monitoring, inspecting and reviewing all plant activities including production operations, maintenance activities and quality controls
- Establishing plant standards, short-term goals and long-term strategic plans regarding maintenance and improvements
- Planning, organizing, implementing and monitoring work schedules and ensuring that external supplies are consistent with the normal needs of the plant and special projects
- Enforce occupational health and safety and ensure site compliance to all statutory labour, safety, health and environmental regulations
- Conducting meetings with plant staff personnel to communicate, coordinate and discuss plant operations including areas such as production, hazardous waste, maintenance, special projects, etc.
- Leading plant production, quality and maintenance personnel in day to day activities to achieve optimum productivity from safe and efficiently maintained equipment and facilities
- Working with Plant Engineers and Supervisors to plan, budget, organize resources, execute work plans, monitor production and quality, coordinate priorities, resolve issues and participate in special projects and prepare work schedules
- Preparing management reports as required, updating Head of Operations and Managing Director on plant operational status and actively participating in management meetings
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from a recognized institution
- At least 5 years working experience in a food manufacturing or processing industry in the same position
- Ability to identify areas of improvement on equipment operation and maintenance processes
- Have solid analytical and structured problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrate good knowledge in the operation and maintenance of utility equipment’s e.g. Air Compressors, Standby Generators, boilers, pasteurizer etc.
- Conversant with safe engineering work practices, correct usage of tools, maintenance equipment and automatic equipment controls
- Strong communication ability both written and verbal
- Good people management skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading “MAINTENANCE MANAGER” by Friday, 25th October 2019 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.