Job Tile: Regional Sales Manager – FMCG
Job Objective: The Regional Sales Manager will be focused on driving distribution depth and perfect execution in the trade.
He/she will be responsible for achieving overall sales targets and objectives for the region.
- Overall achievement of sales targets and objectives for the region
- Driving new business opportunities and initiatives
- Arrange for tactical promotions in the region
- Retain and nurture existing customers, ensuring repeat sales, volume growth, and increased the rate of sale and customer satisfaction.
- Open quality new customer accounts, promoting distribution through approved route to market partners.
- Build effective trading relationships with key decision makers
- Develop efficient and creative sales and marketing strategies for the assigned region and target setting for the sales team.
- Collecting customer and market feedback and reporting the same to the organization.
- Monitoring sales team performance, analyzing sales data, periodical forecasting and reporting to the management.
- Determine ways to positively influence Distributors, Groceries and Key accounts growth.
- Support field sales team to identify and remove blockers to success.
- Participate in Sales meetings to understand the challenges facing customers and sales team and develop a plan of action to eliminate the challenges
- Identify market segments that need to be strengthened and develop programs to help sales team scale and increase effectiveness
- Ensure that relevant market segments get their full service package
- Ensure perfect execution in all market segments
Minimum qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills
- Must have a degree in a Business Management e.g. B.Com or Economics
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a senior Sales Management position
- Must be dynamic, self-motivated and result oriented
- Must be prepared to spend 80% of the time in the field driving distribution, perfect market execution and relationship management with business partners
- Must demonstrate a track record in managing a dynamic and fast paced sales team dealing with FMCG products
- Excellent knowledge of Mombasa modern trade channels
- Confident, presentable and aggressive, with ability follow-through on join business plans
- Ability to handle and overcome objections from customers while negotiating terms of trade.
- Planning and presenting reports on key account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members.
- Holds a valid driving license
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 2 of November 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted