Job Title: Sales Operations Manager – FMCG
Our client is a leading manufacturer of confectionery and food products.
They seek to hire an analytical and result-oriented Sales Operations Manager who will be responsible for ensuring consistent achievement of distribution targets as well as driving visibility of the company’s products in the most cost effective way.
The successful candidate will also be tasked with ensuring data accuracy and insight generation from the company’s CRM.
- Lead sales operations, monitor the effectiveness of sales efforts and ensure that they are aligned with the overall business objectives.
- Ensure the availability of proper sales training initiatives as well as oversee the planning and management for roles, responsibilities, values, and rules of engagement in the sales department.
- Align planning, forecasting and budgeting initiatives with business objectives in addition to developing departmental goals and objectives for further sales effectiveness
- Coach and mentor the key sales personnel, assist in the execution of their duties upon request, ensure constant improvement in their professional skills, and prepare them to take up this position in your absence
- Assist the commercial department in driving sales growth strategies and ensure that these strategies are adopted in all levels of the department.
- Develop improvement plans that are based on sales performance reports and surveys
- Implement consumer segmentation, targeting, and positioning initiatives that assist senior sales management in deciding resource allocation based on the internal requirements and the external market
- Assist in the identification of solutions and technologies that drive sales efficiency and, consequently, revenue growth
- Responsible for sales analytics, sales tracking, sales effectiveness, and reporting of sales performance in addition to enhancing the manner in which data is collected and reported within the department
- Conducts market analyses in order to identify opportunities for growing the business’s sales and communicating key messages
- Provide smart consumer research and industry specific information as well as preparing weekly/monthly/quarterly/annually pipeline reports
- Identify market trends and tracks key competitors and on a regular basis, conducting competitive and SWOT analyses
- Work with cross-functional teams, as the bridge between sales and marketing departments, in the business in order to develop innovative integrated plans and strategies for the purpose of reaching mutually agreed upon targets
- Work closely with the head of the commercial department streamlining sales processes/strategies, allocating quotas, balancing territories, and enhancing the visibility of pipeline management
- Work collaboratively with the human resources department in determining the criteria for the department’s recruitment so as to determine effective performance in the department.
- Attend and actively participate in sales events, seminars, and workshops, establishing the business as an industry leader while simultaneously identifying, and capitalizing on any prospects.
Skills & Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in Sales, Marketing or any other business related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ working experience in sales in the FMCG industry
- Must have experience in setting up distribution systems and controlling their performance
- Proven track record of leading and managing a sales team in the achievement of both individual and team targets
- Strong business acumen with proven planning skills and executive presence
- Excellent communication skills both in written and verbal form.
- Proficiency in the use of Ms Word, Ms Excel, PowerPoint
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong and lasting relationships
- Must be an approachable individual with a likeable personality
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV quoting the job title on the email subject (Sales Operations Manager -FMCG) to email@example.com on/before Thursday 24th October 2019.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV in our database nor for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.