Company: IMS East Africa
Vacant Position: Freight Forwarding and Logistics (FFL) Manager
Reference: FFL Manager
Job Function: To manage the FFL Imports / Exports / Bond and distribution function effectively and efficiently
Key performance areas
- Regulatory Compliance – Compliance with local authorities requirements for imports/exports including but not limited to:
- Obtaining imports /exports permits and IDFs
- Co-ordinator PSI as per client requirement
- Prepare certificates of origin
- Prepare East Africa \COMESA certificate of origin
- Retrieve certificates of analysis by product by batch
- Obtain customs entry
- Quality Assurance
- Initiate, implement and review SOPs if required, to reflect current operational practices in import, export, customs clearance, and delivery
- Maintain distribution records
- Report to Imperial Senior Management, Clients and PPB on problems such as Product quality complaints or non-conforming products, stolen goods / hijacks and counterfeit stock.
- Reply on Audit reports from IMS QA/Clients/PPB/KRA
- Communicate with Clients on various matters that pertain to their business – assist with query investigation
- Operations Management
- Supervise import and export process
- Manage communication with clients and customers
- Generate distribution activity reports
- Manage the bond processes.
- Budget Formulation and Control – Manage distribution budget as per established RDC budget lines
- Business Development – Participate in client take on process
- Staff Training & Development – Establish training needs & commit to training plans based on current and expected performance levels / output
- Performance Management – Conduct operations’ staff appraisals
- Health, Safety and Security- Establish and maintain security protocols for the distribution function. Audit distribution for compliance with established health and safety standards.
- Manage client system update process
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, logistics or related field
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- East Africa Customs Freight Forwarding Practicing Certificate (EACFFPC)
Skills and experience required
- Freight forwarding training and experience of five years and above.
- Knowledge of SAP
- Supervisory skills
- Experience in quality management
- Experience in general management
- Experience in financial management
- Decision–making, problem-solving, creativity
- Analytical skills, attention to detail
- Ability to interact at a high level with clients, senior management and authorities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Previous experience dealing with KRA, KEBS and PPB
- Ability to work under pressure
- Positive, confident, self-motivated and able to work as a member of a team
Applications to: email@example.com
Closing date: 24th October 2019
Should you not have received a response within four weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Equity Statement: We are committed to employment equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our employment equity goals.