Job Title: General Ledger Accountant – Central and West Africa Region
Reports to: Regional Controller Africa and India
Location: Nairobi, Kenya or Cotonou, Benin
TechnoServe Background: Technoserve works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, business, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets.
Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than five decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
As a General Ledger Accountant for Central and West Africa Region you will:
Work with the Regional Controller- Africa and India in ensuring accurate and timely monthly close of books for the Central and West Africa region country offices, reconciling financial statements schedules and ensuring data accuracy and maintaining strong internal controls in the field. This position is also responsible for key activities such as monthly audit-ready close, account reconciliation and provides audit and compliance support. Frequent travel to the field offices may be required.
The ideal candidate will have experience in accounting, not-for-profit donor reporting, and familiarity with the financial monthly closing process. They will also have a desire to work in an environment that promotes open, multicultural communication and coordination. Frequent travel to field offices required.
Key Roles and Responsibility
Accounting and Compliance
- Work closely with the country controllers and home office staff to ensure timely and accurate monthly close of books for all the countries in the Central and West Africa Region.
- Produce consistent and accurate supporting schedules and reconciliations for all general ledger accounts;
- Conduct a detailed review of the general ledger activities and make accurate and timely corrections in the books to be audit-ready at all times;
- Review and ensure timely posting of fixed assets, depreciation, amortization and sub-award, banking and investment transactions;
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP, TNS’s financial policies and procedures, statutory and donor compliance requirements;
- Support donor, statutory and organizational audit process by preparing schedules and providing supporting documents;
- Analyze financial data and effectively communicate critical financial matters to the Accounting Manager and Senior Finance Team;
- Ensure timely reconciliation of all intercompany transactions;
- Record and review journal entries, analyzing G/L accounts, recording adjusting journal entries, and accruing expenses each month;
- Ensure all regional monthly closing schedules are audit ready;
- Assist in the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations to the regional offices;
- Follow documentation retention policy to maintain accounting files;
- Perform accounting analyses and reporting to support decision-making purposes;
- Prepare audit work papers for assigned areas of responsibility;
- Assist in developing and maintaining the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls;
- Assist in statutory and regulatory compliance and registration for regional country offices as part of the monthly close;
- Assist in updating organization-wide financial processes and policies;
- Provide training and support to the country offices on a regular basis;
- Other ad hoc and special projects as required.
- Ensure TNS staff are following best practices and complying with all relevant donor rules and regulations.
- Serve as senior liaison for Regional controllers for internal task forces.
- Prepare and assist in developing ad hoc reports or cost analysis.
- Prepare routine status reports for the Regional Team for review.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or Senior Finance Team.
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and a minimum of 3 years of experience in financial and grants management in an international work setting
- Knowledge of fund-based accounting and experience with a non-profit organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal cross-cultural skills
- Certification such as CMA, CPA or other related certifications;
- Serenic Navigator financial management system experience;
- Overseas experience in Africa and/or Latin America;
- Ability to speak, read and write in French and English is required.
- Strong Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Jet reporting software
Success Factors: Competency is a combination of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) directly related to successful performance on the job.
Core Competencies include:
- Integrity and honesty: Is widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; presents truthful information in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent himself or herself for personal gain.
- Team Work/ Relationships: Works co-operatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member and/or leader, to achieve a common goal. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and networks.
- Learning attitude: Proactively takes advantage of opportunities to learn. Actively identifies new areas for learning; applies and shares new knowledge and skill appropriately.
- Diversity/Inclusiveness: Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for diversity and supports diversity efforts. Interacts effectively with and inclusively with people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, ages, and genders.
- Communication: Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Listens effectively; shares information, ideas and arguments; adjusts terminology, language and communication modes to the needs of the audience; ensures accurate understanding; acts in a way that facilitates open exchange of ideas and information; uses appropriate non-verbal communication.
- Decision making/Problem Solving: Is able to analyse situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution. Is able to make effective decisions on a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions, demonstrating sound judgement in escalating issues where necessary.
- Results Oriented/ High Quality Deliverables: Stays focused on the efforts necessary to achieve quality results consistent with programmatic or departmental goals. Demonstrates the ability to achieve effective results; works persistently to overcome obstacles to goal achievement. Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Planning & Time Management: Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal. Effectively plans, schedules, prioritizes and controls activities; identifies, integrates and orchestrates resources (people, material, information, budget, and/or time) to accomplish goals. Prioritizes work according to the program or department’s goals, not just own job responsibilities; manages own time effectively.
- Business Acumen: The ability to use information, ask the right questions and take decisions that make an impact on the overall business performance.
Job Specific / Technical Competencies include:
- Financial & Resource Management: The ability to estimate, justify, and manage appropriate funding levels to support goal accomplishment. Managing Resources is about understanding human, financial, and operational resource issues to make decisions aimed at building and planning efficient project workflows, and at improving overall organizational performance.
- Computer Literacy: Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use specific computer programs or applications for own functional area. Has the ability to improve performance by integrating new and existing technology into the workplace.
- Internal Client Focus: Client Focus is based on the ability to understand the client’s needs and concerns in the short to long-term and to provide sound recommendations and/or solutions.
- Compliance & Governance: Compliance with and knowledge of company policies, applicable legislation, grant requirements, donor contracts, the local labor code and tax laws.
Please submit your application (by email only) to email@example.com with the position title placed in the subject line.
Please include (1) cover letter describing your interest, (2) curriculum vitae.
Please include all requirements in a single document (pdf).
Applications will be treated confidentially.
Deadline for applications is 16th October 2019.
Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
TechnoServe encourages diversity in all levels and across all facets of our organization.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes