— Partners for Good —
Vacancy Announcement: Program Assistant
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Its mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global communities is seeking for a qualified Program Assistant to be based in Nairobi for a USDA funded Agribusiness Investment for Market Stimulation (AIMS) program currently on the last 2 years, designed to bolster trade by increasing access to finance and expand markets for small and medium agribusiness enterprises operating in Kenya, Tanzania and Malawi.
The Program Assistant (PA) will provide administrative and coordination support to AIMS program activities under the direction of the AIMS program director and credit technical lead to ensure efficient and effective operations and activities and delivery of high-quality services. The PA provides administrative, procurement, logistic and planning support to the AIMS program. S/he also is the key liaison to procurement, logistics and other office support services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule appointments and meetings for staff including reserving meeting space and equipment.
- Maintain program calendars and send out reminders of impending appointments.
- Support draw process by reviewing draws for consistency and alignment with work plan and that staff time allocation is reasonable given days in the month; alerting the proper teams/staff members on issues with the draw; and preparing approved activity draw for submission to finance and program management teams.
- Monitor and track international travel to ensure it has been approved by donor.
- Monitor program work plans and ensure that it is updated.
- Serve as administrator for work plan system and trouble shoot on issues.
- Support in drafting of reports and letters and other documents as requested.
- Support business advisory support process including tracking database for completion, also includes conducting spot checks as needed.
- Maintain physical and electronic program records including ensuring SharePoint and Podio files are up to date and supporting data entry.
- Attend program and staff meetings and takes minutes.
- Assist in planning and overseeing program events.
- Prepare information packets for meetings and events.
- Support the development of Power Points and other presentations for staff.
- Support procurement of program requests in coordination with procurement department including off-site business meetings, trainings and events, supplies.
- Support the reconciliation of AIMS program inventory for the two country offices
- Organize transport including approvals and booking of flights and lodging
- Help update and maintain manuals including organizing reviews.
- Act as liaison between different departments including finance, procurement and logistics, and IT
- Monitor program email and ensure timely responses following up with appropriate technical and management staff on the responses.
- Adhere to Global Communities Kenya office Standards of Professionalism
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all privileged information
The duties listed above are not inclusive of all the duties of the position at Global Communities International.
Global Communities reserves the right to change and update position descriptions at any time.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Marketing, Economics, IT, or other business related topics.
- Experience in agriculture a plus.
- Other supplementary training and experience in software and IT applications relevant to the position
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience on teams conducting donor-funded programs
- Previous exposure to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) engaged in agribusiness development is preferred
- Competent in use of software designed for statistical analysis, graphic illustrations, charts, maps, etc
- Sensitive to cultural differences when working with NGO partners, and able to adapt Global Communities policies and procedures to the local context
- Proven organization, record keeping and administration skills
- Ability to work constructively in a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills; able to fit in broader reporting matrix
- Ability to interact clearly and effectively with Program counterparts
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exhibits ability to multitask on a regular basis.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Is proficient in the use of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Power Point and Podio
- Excellent command of English language including written and spoken English
- Effective use of written and spoken Kiswahili
- Based in the Nairobi office; travel outside of Nairobi as required to perform duties;
- Able to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time
Apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Quote the position title on the email subject while sending your application, attach your CV and cover letter, to be received not later than 15th October 2019.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer