Africa Nazarene University (ANU) is an accredited Private Christian University sponsored by the Church of Nazarene International, which follows the Wesleyan Holiness Tradition.
It integrates faith with learning to produce well rounded individuals who are able to meet challenges of their times.
Applications are invited from qualified professionals to fill the following position:
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Grade: ANU 8
Location / Work Station: Main Campus
Reports to: Director, Marketing
Direct Reports: None
Job Purpose: Responsible for designing and creating graphics and related content to meet university and promotional needs, leveraging on computer applications, artistic or decorative effects while complying with the university brand guideline.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
- Design marketing materials including proposals, pitches, videos, letter, posters, brochures and contracts
- Design graphic, visual and digital content for posters, flyers, billboards, banners, T-shirts and other promotional items
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles, aesthetical design concepts and using the band guide
- Maintain archive of images, photos, or previous work products
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with relevant parties and making necessary changes
- Liaise with creative, media, and printing agencies for graphic material procurement. Confer with printing companies to discuss and determine print quality and standards
- Coordinate the printing of academic certificates and other materials
- Provide key input in the design of the University’s brand manual
- Provide design support for newsletters, digital marketing materials, program booklets, e-mail signature, web-banners and other publication of the University
I. Financial Responsibility:
- Participate in the development of the department’s annual budget
II. Working Conditions:
- Works predominantly within a comfortable office environment
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
Work experience required
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Organising and time management skills
- Team player
- Detail oriented
- Artistic skills
How to Apply
Applications giving full details of age, marital status, education and professional qualifications, experience, current post, salary and other financial benefits, copies of certificates, curriculum vitae, transcripts, the names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be present or previous employer) should be addressed to: –
The Vice Chancellor
Africa Nazarene University
P.O. Box 53067 – 00200
Applications should reach the office not later than 8th November, 2019.
Applications could also be dropped at the Vice Chancellor’s Office at the Ongata Rongai Campus.
Note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Africa Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.