Company: Moko Home + Living
Position: Head of Finance and Administration
Location: Mombasa Rd, Nairobi
Who we are
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity, and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand, and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach.
Our 200-person strong team has reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products so far, and we’re just getting started. Let’s bring the dream of a smiley home to millions more.
What you’ll do
Moko’s Head of Finance & Administration is responsible for improving and scaling critical support and control processes as we grow to serve millions of customers. We’re looking for a seasoned finance leader with the ability to direct and grow our finance and administrative teams toward this goal.
You’ll be excited to implement improvements that cut across the business, from rebooting our chart of accounts to implementing a scalable system of processing retail transactions en masse. You’ll be obsessed with order and efficiency, creating and improving systems to organize and streamline the work of your team as it expands.
The role in brief
Optimize how we deploy our resources to Moko-fy the world
- Oversee the company-wide opex and capex budgeting process and ensure budget adherence across departments
- Work with operating teams to manage cash and working capital, balancing inventory, liquidity and sales needs
- Ensure a strong internal control environment – oversee and continuously improve regular internal audits and approval processes
Build a scalable accounting machine
- Ensure sound policies and practices are in place to manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, statutory payments, intercompany transactions, inventory records, bank reconciliations, asset register, and all other accounting functions
- Build and improve upon core accounting processes to ensure efficiency, accuracy, and compliance
- Work with our growing retail team to develop systems for tracking and automating customer payment transactions at scale
Financial data at our fingertips to make the best decisions
- Ensure all accounting transactions are accurately captured in a timely way
- Track and analyze key margins and unit economics, apply this knowledge to optimize financial performance across teams
- Prepare reports for senior leadership, the company’s board and investors – presenting financial information which leads to great decision-making
Manage risk and compliance across the business
- Ensure tax and company registry compliance
- Develop and manage a key business risk matrix, using it to coordinate risk mitigation across teams
- Ensure relevant insurance is in place to cover major risks
Lead like a Moko-er
- Serve on our Senior Leadership Team, setting the organization-wide strategy and coordinating with other functional leads
- Invest in coaching and development of your team, growing their capacity and building the next generation of Moko leaders
- Maintain a high-performance culture, setting ambitious targets and rewarding outstanding accomplishment
- Build an environment which is direct and honest, encourages initiative and puts our customers’ smiles first
Are you our dream candidate?
- You are eager to take responsibility for a key function at a senior leadership level and energized to build an extraordinary Home + Living brand
- You’re a steady leader, with experience guiding teams through periods of change and a track record of motivating and developing your direct reports toward outstanding results
- You have a strong working knowledge of accounting practice, IFRS standards, and Kenya’s tax regime – including cross-border tax policy
- You’re able to quickly and independently develop and apply new technical knowledge
- You have a track record of clearly defining and implementing financial/administrative processes & systems
- You have a strong background in financial analysis and management reporting
- You’re able to strike the balance between supportive collaboration with other teams and setting reasonable controls
How to Apply
Please visit our website moko.co.ke/careers and apply through our online form HERE.