Africa Nazarene University (ANU) is an accredited Private Christian University sponsored by the Church of Nazarene International, which follows the Wesleyan Holiness Tradition.
It integrates faith with learning to produce well rounded individuals who are able to meet challenges of their times.
Applications are invited from qualified professionals to fill the following position:
Job Title: Head, Systems and Database
Grade: ANU 4
Department: Information Communication Technology (ICT)
Location / Work Station: Main Campus
Reports to: Director, ICT
Direct reports: Assistant, Systems and Database
Job Purpose: Responsible for identification, selection, development and implementation of ICT systems, databases and related services that support the University’s operations.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
- Develop systems and databases strategy, program, policy, procedures, plan, standards and guidelines
- Coordinate the end to end development of systems and databases including analysis of requirements, evaluation of existing systems, identification, coding/ programming, testing, integrating, interfacing, deploying, customizing, documentation and version control
- Coordinate the maintenance and upgrade of existing systems and databases, including addition of modules and development of integrations between existing systems
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support to users on systems and databases. Work with user support to ensure resolution of 2nd level and 3rd level systems and databases related tickets within the stipulated Service Level Agreements.
- Monitor and optimize systems and databases to ensure they are running efficiently
- Work with third party providers to ensure timely implementation and restoration of systems and databases related services
- Train staff on the usage of systems and databases
- Setup and test systems and databases backup and restoration procedures
- Design and allocate appropriate user roles to ensure systems and databases security
- Participate in systems and database audits and security administration, working closely with cybersecurity function
- Develop and monitor the section’s annual plan and budget
- Mentor and coach subordinate staff
I. Financial Responsibility:
- Participate in development of the departmental budget
II. Working Conditions:
- Works predominantly within a comfortable office environment
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills)
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Relevant professional qualification
- Member of a relevant professional body
Work experience required
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Executive disposition, and demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Ability to develop long term integrated and cross-functional operational plans
- Ability to operationalise strategy into action for the function
- Business/Financial acumen, business savvy, innovative
- Strategic management skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organising and planning skills
- Analytical skills
How to Apply
Applications giving full details of age, marital status, education and professional qualifications, experience, current post, salary and other financial benefits, copies of certificates, curriculum vitae, transcripts, the names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be present or previous employer) should be addressed to: –
The Vice Chancellor
Africa Nazarene University
P.O. Box 53067 – 00200
Applications should reach the office not later than 8th November, 2019.
Applications could also be dropped at the Vice Chancellor’s Office at the Ongata Rongai Campus.
Note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Africa Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.