Our client in the Hospitality Industry is hiring a Front Office Supervisor.
General Purpose: Supervise and control the Front Office and manage meeting rooms and special events.
- Supervise front office staff and manage waiters, waitresses and room service staff assigned to meetings and special events
- Assists with preparing work schedules and time records
- Ensures that duty rosters are compiled, making certain that adequate numbers of experienced permanent and casual waiting staff will be on duty.
- Ensures that all staff are correctly and smartly dressed at all times.
- Overall responsibility to supervise that guests are greeted, checked in and allocated rooms promptly and courteously
- Ensures that they are fully conversant with all aspects of the computer software utilised
- Chairs the Front Office meeting & briefings
- Attends to departmental training of all staff in the Front Office
- Ensures prompt, courteous responses and follow ups to all enquiries.
- Provides courteous and rapid service to hotel guests and meeting delegates upon check in, during their stay and upon check out
- Ensures that check-in procedures are strictly adhered to and that the correct address and charge out details are obtained from each guest
- Ensures effective liaison between front office and other departments
- Compile and prepare documentation and invoices and transmit to accounts to ensure that bills are paid on time
- Ensures that credit control procedures are strictly adhered to, that no bills exceed the stipulated limit without prior written approval
- Deal with guest complaints and provides reception, Housekeeping and service staff with guest suggestions and comments.
- Meet and greet guests and event hosts, circulate during the course of any functions hosted to ensure availability in the event of a problem or complaint.
- To ensure that reservations are taken correctly and courteously.
- To ensure that check-in procedures and payment policy is communicated accurately to the guest.
- To ensure that all company policies regarding deposits and cancellation is communicated to the guest.
- To be familiar with all the services and facilities of the hotel and to try and up-sell services to the guests.
- To ensure maximum room occupancy within agreed overbooking policy.
- To ensure effective liaison between sales, front office and other departments (e.g. housekeeping).
- To ensure that all enquiries, messages, bookings for extra services are dealt with courteously and efficiently.
- When necessary, to ensure that incoming and outgoing telephone calls are handled promptly and courteously.
- To circulate information as needed to all Front Office staff and ensure accurate and timeous submission of all reports and administrative work.
- Perform other tasks as necessary in order to achieve the operational and financial goals of the organization
- Diploma or Degree in Front Office Operations or related qualification.
- 3 to 5 years experience in the Front Office or Sales department of a 3-5 Star hotel or
- Some supervisory experience is desirable.
- Proficiency of Micros, PMS i.e. Sun Systems, Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Quick thinking, highly organized, shows initiative and attentive to detail
- Excellent people skills and Problem solving tact
Kindly send your summarized 3 page CV and motivation letter detailing your experience, qualification and desire for the job to email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly indicating the job title as the subject.
While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 17th October, 2019