Our client in the Hospitality Industry is hiring a Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Supervises all housekeeping employees.
- Plans and assigns work assignments,
- Give training for newly recruited employees,
- Audit and inspects housekeeping personal work assignment and requisition supplies.
- Take care of the budget and budget controlling for the department.
- Supervises all housekeeping employees and requisitions new employees as needed.
- Discharges employees when necessary and take disciplinary actions when policies are not followed.
- Evaluates employees in order to upgrade them when openings arise.
- Plans the work for the housekeeping department and distributes assignments accordingly. Assigns regular duties and special duties for housekeeping staff.
- Schedules employees and assigns extra days off according to occupancy forecast.
- Maintains a time log book of all employees within the department.
- Recruit and train new employees.
- Assigns new employees to work with experienced help.
- Checks on the work of these employees occasionally and observes the report made to ensure consistency.
- Approves all supply requisitions, such as those for spreads and bathroom rugs.
- Maintains a lost-and-found department and is responsible for all lost-and-found items. Determines the rightful owner and send correspondences.
Responsibility & Authority:
- Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire Establishment.
- Ensure that rooms are made as per company standard.
- Prepare Annual Housekeeping Budget, Should need arise.
- Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniform.
- Organize inventories with Accounts and General Store for linen, uniform and fixed assets.
- Pay particular attention while organizing pest eradication activities.
- Develop and implement Housekeeping systems and procedures
- Prepare reports for management information.
- Assist Purchase department in selecting suppliers for items related to Housekeeping.
- Plan, control and supervise Horticultural activities.
- Attending and resolving guest complaints should it pertain to this department.
- Verification of supplies consignments.
- Organize on-the job training and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Approval of the Functional Manual of the department.
- Recommend recruitment of new personnel.
Other Routine Responsibilities:
- Daily inspection of public areas and employees locker rooms.
- Daily briefing of Team/ Executives.
- Coordinating the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and public area with maintenance department.
- Immediately attending to guest requests.
- Degree or diploma in H/K management or same level experience
- Min 3-5 years of experience of which at least 2 in similar role.
Kindly send your summarized 3 page CV and motivation letter detailing your experience, qualification and desire for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org copy to email@example.com, clearly indicating the job title as the subject.
While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 17th October, 2019