Our client is a premier 4-Star rated hotel in Kisumu.
They seek to hire experienced professional in the position of Housekeeping Supervisor.
The role will be based in Kisumu.
Reports to: The General Manager
- Assume complete direction, operational control, and supervision of the Housekeeping and Laundry Departments, Housekeeping Supervisor coordinates cleaning and maintenance tasks within an establishment.
- Manages Housekeeping staff and ensures cleaning tasks are performed in accordance with management standards. Perform a variety of duties, depending on the job description. Controls stock levels for all Linen, Cleaning Materials and Guest Supplies
- Operates the department under his or her control in the most efficient manner possible through effective application and enforcement of company policies, the use of methods described in the standard operating procedures and use of sound management principles.
- The incumbent is primarily responsible for the cleaning of all guest rooms and public areas assigned to the Housekeeping department
- Accomplishes assigned tasks through proper training, motivation and supervision of all personnel assigned to the Housekeeping and Laundry Departments.
- Responsible for developing a cleaning schedule and assigning specific responsibilities to each staff member to ensure all tasks are covered.
- Responsible for raising Purchase requisitions for materials and supplies.
- Coordinates with the Human Resource Department regarding prescreening of employees, indicating staffing needs and qualifications desired of the personnel to work in Housekeeping departmental.
- Trains staff to correctly perform duties within the establishment.
- Develop plans, actions and standard operating procedures for the operation and administration of assigned departments. Establish and maintain Housekeeping and Laundry scheduling procedures; taking into consideration the percentage of occupancy, time and use of facilities, and related public areas and events.
- Organizing Housekeeping department using Housekeeping team concept, with each housekeeper cleaning room sections.
- Develop inspection program for all public areas and guest rooms to ensure proper maintenance and high standards of cleanliness are achieved and maintained.
- Coordinate the operations of Housekeeping and Laundry departments in the hotel to guarantee minimum disruption in the overall operations of the hotel.
- With the assistance of the General Manager and Financial Controller, develop budgets for housekeeping and laundry departments to ensure that each operates within established costs while providing maximum service.
- Establish training programs within the department, which will enable positions of increased responsibility to be filled from within the department.
- Be constantly alert for new methods, techniques, equipments and materials that will improve the overall operations of the departments and will provide a more efficient operation at reduced costs.
- Treats all employees in a friendly and cheerful attitude, giving proper emphasis to courtesy in contacts with guests and all other colleagues.
- Administer attendance control for all assigned Permanent and temporary staff in the Housekeeping and Laundry departments.
- Maintain strict inventory and purchase control over all controllable items.
- Develop job descriptions for all Housekeeping and Laundry staff.
- Serve as expeditor on special projects assigned by the General Manager.
- Communicate freely with assigned personnel, continuously passing on to supervisors and subordinates any information necessary to make them feel included in the overall operations of the hotel. If necessary, reassure the objectives towards which the hotel employees are striving for.
- Conduct employee performance appraisal on time, showing objectivity and sincerity. Employees should be personally counseled towards improvement.
- Coordinate with Human Resource Department and the General Manager concerning the termination of an employee.
- Maintain control of Linen rooms, Storerooms, new linen, and cleaning supplies, ensuring adequate supply and security.
- Be Responsible for the proper scheduling of the department, keeping in mind the forecast of daily occupancy and Banquets events.
- Developing personal plans to carry out responsibilities.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Participates in the development of employees in the department and implementation of corrective action plans
- Hotel or diploma or degree in hospitality management or a related field.
- Proven working experience in 4-5-star hotels as an Executive housekeeper/supervisor, more than 4 to 7 years of experience in this position.
- Up to date with housekeeping trends and best practices.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, Opera/Fidelio POS).
- Well trained in setting up material control, and liaising with cost controlling.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company (also labor unions), and to make effective and arguable decisions
- Experienced in performance management very patient & able to train and supervise the staff within their department, and essentially being meticulous and precise.
How to Apply:
If qualified for this position, send your application to email@example.com quoting “HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR” on the email subject line.
Applications should be received on or before 30th October 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: This role is based in Kisumu.
Apply if you’re already living or willing to relocate to Kisumu.