Vacant Position: HR Officer (Reliever position)
Reports to: Principal Investigator
Gross Salary: Competitive
Our client designs and conducts research in their thematic focus areas.
They also generate and use evidence to develop and manage programmes, as well as run a number donor funded project.
Job Purpose: Employment is a five months maternity reliever contract. The HR Project officer will be responsible for coordinating HR functions which include recruitment, performance management, training and development and employee welfare.
- Interpreting and implementing human resource policies, procedures, rules and regulations;
- Providing guidance in matters related to human resource planning, recruitment, selection, placement, induction, appointments, promotions and confirmation of staff;
- Compensation and benefits management;
- Coordinating performance management and staff welfare;
- Overseeing maintenance of staff records;
- Determining HR requirements and career planning;
- Identifying training needs among the staff and recommending suitable training programmes;
- Overseeing payroll administration and management of staff medical insurance;
- Advising on Succession Management and Human Resource Planning;
- Provide information and assistance to staff and supervisors on human resource and work related issues;
- Handling employee relations and disciplinary cases;
- Updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions;
- Coordinating project tasks with other stakeholders, facilitating or leading aspects of implementation;
- Coordinating and participating in cross-functional activities as required;
- Support planning and implementation of change management strategies;
- Research HR topics, develop options and recommend solutions, draft and/ or policies as required;
- Staff Leave and Time Management;
- HR Planning and budgeting;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or any other qualification from a recognized university/institution with at least five (5) years’ experience;
- Must be a registered member of IHRM with a valid practicing license;
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
- Must attach a copy of certificate of good conduct
Skills and Competencies
- A high degree of integrity, responsibility and confidentiality;
- Demonstrated supervisory and managerial skills, conversant with labour laws and regulations;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Strong analytical, planning, negotiation, communications skills
- Must be a team player and motivator
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs;
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written, including the ability to conceptualize issues, develop options, write and present reports to a high standard for various audiences;
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (HRO-Thika) to email@example.com before 4th November 2019
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.