Kenya Girl Guides Association (KGGA)
Terms of Reference
Programme Books Curriculum Development Consultant
Introduction: Kenya Girl Guides Association (KGGA) is one of the largest organizations in Kenya for girls and young women and is a multi-racial, non-religious, non-political and non-profit making organization.
Our vision is girls creating a better world. Our mission is to raise girls and young women to be beacons of integrity nurturing and championing social values. We provide programs for girls and young women to become ambassadors of Dignity, Integrity, Spirituality, Servant Leadership and Citizenship.
KGGA delivers high quality non-formal educational programmes to girls and young women that help to bring out their leadership potential to address challenges in the society. Hence, we empower and prepare Girls and young women for the world.
KGGA’S programme encompasses 5 learning methods; Learning in small groups, My path my pace, Learning by doing, Connecting with others and Connecting with the world.
Background for consultancy: KGGA seeks the services of an experienced Curriculum Development Consultant who will review and develop programme books for the different programme branches as per the approved KGGA Education Programme Framework.
KGGA’s programme branches are: –
- Rainbows 3 to 6 years
- Brownies 7 to 9 years
- Girl Guides 10 to14 years
- Rangers 15 to 18 years
Overall objective of the consultancy: The overall objective of the assignment is to develop KGGA’s educational programme books for the 4 branches as shown above. For each branch a book will be developed for Guide Leaders and for Girls. The books are intended to transfer both theoretical and practical skills in line with KGGA’s Strategy, Thematic Pillars and Core Values.
The Consultant will undertake the following tasks: –
1) Conduct a technical review of the current programme books.
2) Develop a draft book for each programme branch which will be reviewed by the Technical Advisory Committee and the Executive Committee.
3) Develop the final copies of the programme books for all branches considering the comments from the Technical Committee and Executive Committee.
While developing the programme books the consultant should bear in mind KGGA’s learning methods which include: –
1. Learning by Doing
2. Learning in small groups
3. My path my pace
4. Connecting with others
5. Connecting with my world
Key Outputs / Deliverables
Deliverable 1: Initial content review report.
Deliverable 2: A draft of programme books for all the branches (Guide Leaders Copy and the Girls’ Copy for each branch)
Deliverable 3: Final copy of programme books for all the branches (Guide Leaders Copy and the Girls’ Copy for each branch). The final copies should be in both soft and hard copies.
Note: All deliverables shall be reviewed and approved by the KGGA Executive Committee.
Reporting: The consultant will report directly to the National Executive Officer. However, she or he will work closely with the Programme Staff in consultation with the Training Commissioner.
Submission of Proposal
Please submit the following in your application: –
a) Registered firm name and address.
b) Profile of firm and capability statement.
c) Qualifications and experience of key individual consultants to be involved in this assignment.
d) Proposed detailed methodology to be undertaken for this assignment.
e) Proposed work plan.
f) List of organizations and their contacts for which the firm has carried out curriculum development services previously.
Copies of Documents to Be Attached
a) Certificate of registration and copy of latest returns to registration of companies/search confirming the current directors of the organization.
b) VAT certificate.
c) PIN certificate.
d) Current KRA Tax compliance certificate.
e) f) CV’s of the key consultants who will be part of the consultancy team.
g) Letters of recommendation/testimonials from at least 4 previous clients where the firm conducted similar assignments.
1. University degree at the level of Masters or PHD in Education and Curriculum Development.
2. Proven track record of curriculum development.
3. Experience with experiential learning/Non-formal learning.
4. Fluency in both written and spoken English.
5. Excellent organizational skills.
6. Very good writing, reporting and computer skills (MS Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
7. Experience of steering curriculum and able to provide technical advice.
8. Ability to contribute to and comfortably work in a multidisciplinary, multicultural setting.
9. Ability to work independently to strict timelines.
10. Excellent planning and facilitation skills.
11. Ability to research, analyze and present information.
12. Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
The Consultant(s) should provide separate technical and financial proposals.
The financial proposal should be adequately detailed including books development costs and separate costs for graphic design.
All costs should be inclusive of all taxes applicable.
Duration of the Assignment
The duration of this consultancy assignment shall be 3 months.
How to Apply
The application should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate on the email subject “KGGA Programme Books Consultant”.
All applications should be received by Friday, November 8th 2019.