The International Centre for Reproductive Health – Kenya (ICRHK) is a local non-profit organization that works in the area of sexual and reproductive health research and intervention programs.
Our projects are in the thematic areas of HIV/AIDS, Family planning, RHMNCH and sexual and gender-based violence.
Our staff include experts in public health, clinical services, research, project management and data.
We seek to fill the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Advisor for our programs and research studies to be based in the Mombasa office.
Job Summary: The MERL Advisor will be responsible for Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning for several of ICRHK programs and studies at the Mombasa office. Key M&E activities under this position will include monitoring and evaluation for ICRHK programs and studies, supporting data analyses for scientific publications and providing M and E input for grants applications.
The MERL Advisor will be responsible for Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning for several of ICRHK programs and studies at the Mombasa office. Key M&E activities under this position will include monitoring and evaluation for ICRHK programs and studies, supporting data analyses for scientific publications and providing M and E input for grants applications.
- Master’s degree in relevant field with 3-5 years’ relevant experience or BS/BA in relevant field with at least 5-7 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation within a health project (Preference will be for candidates with experience in USAID/PEPFAR projects of in KP/RMNCH)
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite,
- Knowledge of common statistical software packages for quantitative data analyses (STATA, SPSS, SAS, R etc) health information technologies and software applications, relational database systems and web technologies (including DHIS2).
Skills and Abilities
- Experience in designing and implementing a project monitoring and evaluation plan
- Experience in designing an institutional M and E systems and standards
- Strong experience in research data collection, analysis and reporting including data presentation
- Satisfactory competence on ODK and RedCAP
- Experience in setting up and managing data bases
- Experience in developing and managing dashboards
- Ability to coordinate or lead a multidisciplinary team
- Experience/ working knowledge of USAID/PEPFAR-supported programs
- Experience with Key population programs and/or RMNCAH
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, and demonstrated expertise in report writing, preparation of communication materials and oral presentation.
- Experience in scientific writing including development and successful submission of abstracts, their presentation and knowledge management.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, with minimum supervision
- Considerable experience and capacity to collaborate with partners at multiple levels, especially at county level.
A full job description is accessible on our website: http://www.icrhk.org click on vacancies.
Applicants must upload their application letter, an up-to-date CV with names and addresses of three referees and telephone contacts and the bio data form on the ICRHK job application portal accessible on our website www.icrhk.org by 18th October 2019, 5pm.
ICRHK is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community.
ICRHK does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment.