Job Vacancy: Welder
About the company: Muundo is a new company plugging into the furniture; particularly in home decor. We aim to deliver craft furniture at an affordable price that is of high quality.
About the role: We’re looking for an experienced welder who has a valid driving license and has worked in a small to mid-sized company. The welder must be adept at handling all manner of power tools in the carpentry industry and working on a diverse portfolio of projects. They will be responsible for making a variety of furniture items.
- Must have a Valid Driving license.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required
To apply, please send a cover letter (in the body of the email) as well as a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org