Norwegian Refugee Council
Finance Assistant (Kenyan Nationals Only)
Application deadline: 23/10/2019
Town / city: Nairobi
Webcruiter ID: 4140864748
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability.
These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
The Finance Assistant is responsible for day-to-day financial accounting tasks at the Kenya Country office.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Record all cash movements and undertake periodic cash counts
- Assist in bank accounts and cashboxes reconciliations
- Follow up on advances and refunds
- Prepare and arrange for bank withdrawals and transfers and present for verification
- Verify all invoices, vouchers and receipts and supporting documents and enter in the system as appropriate
- Make all approved payments and upload all the support documents in Agresso
- Maintain accurate financial and accounting files and transactions
- Maintain proper filling system for all financial and accounting documents
- Prepare periodic financial reports and submit for review
- In liaison with the Field Finance Assistants make payments on behalf of the Area offices.
- Diploma in Finance/Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant level II
- Experience from working with accounting in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Some knowledge of English
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Handling insecure environments Integrity
We can offer
Duty station: Nairobi
Contract period is one year with possibility of extension.
Salary / benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nairobi.
CLICK HERE to apply online.
*Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position*