Oasis Healthcare Group Limited is a group of specialist Doctors working and operating across the country since 2010 under group-based practice model.
We currently have facilities in the following counties: Kisii, Nyamira, Migori, Homa Bay, Siaya, Uasin Gishu, Kitui, Nairobi, Kakamega, Bungoma and Nakuru.
Job Title: Medical Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Main Purpose: Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing consultancy and quality clinical judgment to patients
Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Manage the OPD / Emergency / Ward and assist the consultants
- Initiate and monitor treatment;
- Conduct medical procedure under supervision after getting the consent from patient’s attendant.
- Accompany consultant doctors on IPD Ward visits
- In the absence of the Consultant – Pay timely visits to In – patients and treat the patients along the indicated line of treatment
- Attend emergencies and informing consultant doctors for further action.
- Check and authorize all diagnostic requisition slips.
- Ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that prioritizes the safety and well-being of patients;
- Assess patients on admission and/or discharge as required and write detailed reports in the case notes;
- Consultations should not only be limited to actions beyond their scope, but also in uncertain situations as well as where extra assistance would improve performance
- Mentorship & supervision of clinical attachees
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests;
- Providing information regarding the patient’s condition to his/her attendant whenever required.
- Attend clinics and participate in relevant meetings, case conferences and ward rounds; followed by documentation of findings on each patients’ chart; follow through with actions arising from the round;
- Participate in multi-disciplinary clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data / information for same; co-operate with investigations, enquiries or audit relating to the provision of health services;
- Maintain professional standards in relation to confidentiality and ethics; abide by the Kenyan Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board
- Seek advice and assistance from the consultant / clinical director / employer with any assigned cases or issues that prove to be beyond the scope of his / her professional competence in line with principles of best practice and clinical governance;
- Cover for occasional unplanned absence of colleagues;
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements
- Degree in Medicine from a recognized University
- More than two years working experience.
- Must be Registered / Licensed by the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board.
- Competency and certification in emergency procedures e.g. ACLS, BLS, ATLS etc. will be an added advantage.
- Excellent public relations and communication skills
- General competencies in Obstetrics, Pediatrics, medical, surgical, Outpatient care.
- Must have a professional Indemnity insurance.
How to Apply
Courier and hand delivered applications can be dropped at Oasis Doctors’ Plaza Migori at the Family Bank Building 1st Floor.
Online to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to reach us before close of business 14/10/2019.
Remember to quote the job title as Medical Officer on the email Subject.