Oasis Healthcare Group Limited is a group of specialist Doctors working and operating across the country since 2010 under group-based practice model.
We currently have facilities in the following counties: Kisii, Nyamira, Migori, Homa Bay, Siaya, Uasin-Gishu, Kitui, Nairobi, Kakamega, Bungoma and Nakuru.
We are looking for interested and qualified individuals to filling the following vacancies in one of our facilities in Homa Bay which will be rolling out in patient services.
The jobs are on renewable contractual basis
Job Title: Theatre Technician
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for disinfection, preparation, cleanliness and maintenance of the operating room before and after surgery and assists in bringing the patient to the operating room.
- Maintains cleanliness in the operating room and ensures adequacy of provisions before a surgery.
- Clean and disinfect surgical instruments and equipment after surgery.
- Prepare surgical instruments and equipment for autoclaving/sterilization per protocol
- Maintains and keeps all surgical tools sterile and orderly.
- Maintains and keeps all equipment clean and functional.
- Prepares the patient before and after surgery by washing and disinfecting the area for surgery.
- Prepare necessary equipment and instrument prior to procedure/surgery.
- Assists in bringing the patient to the operating room.
- Attends to the needs of the patient while inside the operating room.
- Assist surgeon during the procedure.
- Assist nursing staff in keeping patients safe during the procedure by assisting RN with the application of restraints and following the recommended protocol.
- Takes care of any specimens obtained for testing following laboratory procedures/protocol.
- Provides assistance to the surgical team and coordinates very closely with the doctors, nurses and laboratory staff.
- Clean and disinfect operating room area after each procedure/surgery.
- Diploma in Theatre technology
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Theatre Technician.
- Keen on details with a high degree of accuracy.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and keen on detail
- Excellent organizational skills
How to Apply
Courier and hand delivered applications can be dropped at Oasis Doctors Plaza Homa Bay at Kavirondo Building 1st Floor along Salama Street.
Online to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications to reach us before close of business 17/10/2019.
Remember to quote the job title on the email Subject.