Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1.
Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Under this contract, Abt will implement entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 24 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project seeks candidates to assist in implementing in six sub counties (Rongo, Awendo, Uriri, Suna East, Suna West and Nyatike) in Migori and Eight Sub- counties (Rangwe, Homa Bay Township, Ndhiwa, Mbita, Rachuonyo North, Kabondo, Kasipul and Suba) in Homa Bay county Kenya in the following temporary positions:
Position: Sub County Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) Assistant
Supervisor: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Location: Migori and Homa Bay County, Kenya
No. required: 18 (7 in Migori and 11 in Homa Bay)
Overall Purpose: To support efficient data entry and ensure the maintenance of high data quality services to PMI VectorLink project. He/she will ensure timely data flow from the field to the data centers conduct active data verification and support sub county M&E reporting needs. Under the overall supervision of the M&E Manager, he/she will work closely with the County based M&E team and County Coordinator to achieve desired results.
- Track the use of M&E tools including IRS stickers within the Sub county and alert County M&E Assistant
- Ensure data from the field captures defined variables and is accurately captured in the database.
- Work with the field teams to ensure data is verified at the data collection point before submission to the data center
- Mentor field teams on project indicators to ensure defined variables are understood and captured correctly
- Ensure data quality through conducting verification at community (household) level
- Provide feedback to the field teams on data quality and follow up to ensure action is taken
- Work with the field teams to ensure data errors are acted upon in a timely fashion
- Participate and summarize reports of the weekly Sub County meetings
- Ensure timely reporting on IRS related coverage situations
- Support mhealth reporting as desired within the Sub County in collaboration with the IT assistant
Required qualifications and experience:
- Training at degree level in biostatistics, Statistics, public health, epidemiology or IT related course with experience in M&E and or research.
- 1 year experience desirable in data entry and supervision of data teams
- 1 year experience in an M&E role will be a plus
- Additional professional training in M&E will be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and database software;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Applications.
- Willingness to travel by motorbike within the area of coverage while on duty
- Willingness to reside within the Sub County
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work for 6 days a week (Monday to Saturday) for approximately 8-12 hours per day
NB: These positions will be on a short term contract, not more than 2 months and/or on need basis.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and updated CV to KenyaJobs@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line specifying the work location preferred i.e. county and ward e.g. ‘Store keeper-Migori county – North Kamagambo’ by COB, November, 3rd 2019.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.