Area Coordinator – North Rift, Kenya
Practical Action has an exciting opportunity for an Area Coordinator for North Rift in Kenya.
The Area Coordinator has overall responsibility for field leadership that produces effective delivery and development of programmes in his/her area of operations.
The Area Coordinator is responsible for the efficient management of the area office resources (grants, awards, staff and assets) and leads the representation of Practical Action with County level authorities, INGOs and NGOs, and visitors.
His/her management of programme implementation and operations will ensure that the Area Office is in accordance with Practical Action policies and practises as well as its mission, vision and values.
The role is focused on field level delivery of projects and so experience of working with local communities is necessary for the role, experience of working with communities and partners within the development system is desirable.
This position reports to the Regional Director, East Africa with the Senior Project Officer – Resilience & Governance, Project Officer – Water Engineer, Project Officer – Community Development & Livelihoods, Administrative Assistant, Driver and Finance Officer reporting to this Area Coordinator.
The Area Coordinator is responsible for:
- Contributing to annual plans including development of area budgets and plans.
- Supporting routine quarterly and annual reporting against the Strategic Business Plan (SBP), particularly working with RMT on risk management.
- Ensuring that project activities, outputs and outcomes feed into Practical Action’s impact ambition and strategic plans.
- Leading, managing and motivating a team of field staff, ensuring that they have clear work objectives and individual/team work plans and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
- Contributing to strategy and proposal development within the area under the overall leadership of the fundraising team.
- Ensuring that proposals are relevant, contextualized and inclusive of all required support and staffing costs at the field level.
- Responsible and accountable for Practical Action’s projects in the area and ensuring the planning, implementation and management of programs are in accordance with the organization’s strategies and policies.
- Ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of field operations and ensuring that program plans are clearly prioritized and communicated across the organization.
- An experienced professional, you will have extensive experience in project management and working knowledge in one of Practical Action’s thematic area (climate resilience, agriculture, renewable energy, WASH & waste management).
In return, you will get an opportunity to work for an organisation that is making a positive difference to the lives of people worldwide, a friendly and supportive culture, working with values driven and highly engaged colleagues – these are just some of the reasons we think Practical Action is a great place to work.
In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- Work week of 35 hours
- The opportunity to work remotely
- 25 days annual leave, in addition to public holidays.
- A pension scheme that new employees join immediately on employment – employer contributes 12.5% of gross salary. Employee contribution is voluntary
- Life assurance (5x annual salary).
For a detailed Job Description visit: https://practicalaction.org/careers/vacancies/area-coordinator-north-rift-kenya/
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV to email@example.com with subject line “Area Coordinator – North Rift, Kenya” so as to reach Practical Action on or before Monday 28th October 2019.
We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
Practical Action are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in Kenya.