Norwegian Refugee Council
Regional Corporate Partnerships Adviser (Kenyan National Position)
East Africa & Yemen Regional Office – Nairobi, Kenya
The Norwegian Refugee Council is seeking a Regional Corporate Partnerships Adviser to join the East Africa & Yemen Regional Office in Nairobi.
This is an exciting new position in the Regional Office which will be responsible for building NRC’s relationships and collaborations with corporations and business leaders in East Africa, in ways that increase resources allocated to responding to crises, whilst also improving the effectiveness of NRC and its interventions.
This includes building relationships with corporates, business leaders, individual philanthropists and private foundations.
This position is based in Nairobi and will work closely with Country Offices in the EA&Y Region, as well as the Corporate Partnerships Section based at Head Office in Olso, to develop and implement the regional corporate partnership strategy, in alignment with global strategy.
This is not your regular humanitarian NGO job, and we are looking for a professional candidate who has experience working in the private sector in marketing, business development, sales, social impact, private sector development or other related field. Our ideal candidate will have highly developed communication skills and strong experience networking and building relationships.
*This position is open to Kenyan Nationals only*
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement NRC corporate partnership strategy for the EA&Y region and regional countries in line with the organisation’s private sector fundraising strategy.
- Contribute to develop and implement NRC’s global corporate partnership strategy.
- Identify corporate partnership opportunities, broker and cultivate relationships, design partnership arrangements and fundraising activities, facilitate partner negotiations, and formalise partnership deal structures.
- Develop and implement corporate partnerships with Country Offices and the Regional Office
- Contribute to proposal development together with NRC field programs and technical staff in cases where private sector actors engage in joint collaborations with NRC and/or one or more institutional donors.
- Analyse and monitor the broader business environment and market trends relevant to NGO-corporate collaborations.
- Monitor and evaluate that fundraising income, activities and costs are met according to targets
- Develop, document and maintain own knowledge of NRC’s work and activities
- Work consultatively and collaboratively with field programmes and other relevant NRC departments to identify concepts and suitable opportunities for corporate partnerships
- Follow up leads and dialogues with corporates, business leaders, philanthropists and private foundations to provide monetary and pro bono partnerships
- Design initiatives, engagement, and partnership development processes and communication aligned with East Africa regional and country offices and NRCs global corporate section.
- Carry out fundraising activities targeting corporate donors, individual philanthropists and private foundations, including campaigns and crisis fundraising
- With support of the Content and Public Engagement Section, develop and implement communication products and activities with relevant partners and supporters (field reports, social media, web, etc.)
- Develop annual review of all corporate and private partners and relationships.
- Conduct due diligence of potential corporate and private partners and establish a system to secure overview of NRC’s due diligence work
- In partnership with the Head of Corporate Partnerships ensure that global and in-country strategies are aligned
- Document and exchange learning from the region with counterparts in other regions and Head Office teams
- Minimum first level university degree in business, marketing or relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience within marketing, business development, sales, communications and/or social impact or private sector development
- Documented results related to strategic relationship building, partnerships and networking
- Demonstrated ability to engage at senior levels in business and development sector contexts, and to build trust-based relationships with senior-level executives
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and work with short deadlines
- Documented experience in project planning and management
- Experience in contributing to developing and implementing strategies
- Previous experience working in the private sector is essential
- Professional knowledge of the corporate market and business sector
- Demonstrated experience in creating new partnerships – including identifying partnership opportunities, brokering and cultivating relationships, designing partnership arrangements, facilitating partner negotiations, and formalizing partnership deal structures;
- Highly developed communication skills to build bridges between the corporate industry and the humanitarian sector
- Experience working with stakeholders across the public, private, and non-profit sectors, and an existing network of contacts to draw upon if possible
- Previous working experience and existing private sector networks in East Africa, advantageous
- Strategic thinking and analytical abilities
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
- Ability to work independently and proactively
We can offer
This position is open to Kenyan nationals only
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Travel: 50-70% within the East Africa & Yemen Region
Contract Duration: 2 years
Salary: NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
Females are highly encouraged to apply*
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Application deadline: 28/10/2019