ICRC Logistic Support Centre in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Regional Logistics Trainer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
Overall Responsibility: The Regional Logistics Trainer drives and implements learning and development programmes according to the set objectives for the region and contributes to deciding learning and development strategic orientations and evolution.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Function as the training and professional development focal point in Supply Chain Management in the region;
- Leads organization, planning, preparation [i.e. administrative, logistical, contents / materials), facilitation, delivery and evaluation of tailor-made training events (face-to-face trainings, webinars) and seminars;
- Proactively and regularly conduct and identify needs and gaps in technical training, and respond to them through appropriate solutions, approved by the line-manager;
- Contribute to the design and pilot of new learning projects such as development of course materials and resources, e-learning courses, and blended learning paths;
- Makes sure the relevant tools, solutions, best practices and recommendations from the headquarters and other regions are shared and implemented;
- Plan, coordinate, administrate and evaluate all aspects of preparatory (on-boarding) & needs-based trainings for new and existing staff of the Logistics Division in the region;
- Coordinate mentoring programs for the region and maintain relevant rosters;
- Follow, support and when needed, guide staff professional development and contribute to the definition of their development plans;
- Proactively and reactively seek more effective and innovative learning and development as well as knowledge management solutions;
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Holder of a relevant Degree (supply chain management, learning and development, adult education);
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience (supply chain management, learning and development/training):
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Advanced Computer Skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint):
- Strong experience in stakeholder management and customer-oriented approach;
- Certifications of Training of Trainers, or formal facilitators/coaches, considered a strong asset;
- Proven experience in knowledge management, as well as project management considered an asset:
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems, considered an asset;
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before 01st November 2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Logistics Support Centre, HR Department via: –
The reference Regional Logistics Trainer must be stated in the application to be valid.
If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required degree & other supporting documents, your application will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. If the candidate ¡s asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.