Job Title: Research Intern
Location: Riara University, Nairobi, Kenya
Work Type: Temporary
Tenure: Three months
Reports to: Head of Department
Background: As part of the contribution to the University’s blended learning initiative and the national competency-based learning policy, IR&D Department, deploys the comprehensive learning / teaching model to empower learners and faculty members through creativity and social innovation with the ultimate goal of building a holistic, and productive graduate for the dynamic contemporary labour market.
The Department of IR&D is seeking to contract a versatile, self-driven and digital-savvy intern to conduct documentation of Best Practices and Lessons Learnt from the Department’s comprehensive learning / teaching model..
Core Purpose: The person is expected to conduct systematic documentation, profile good practices, and reflections on lessons learnt in the implementation of the said model so as to capture, document and share practices and experiences with the University’s stakeholders. This will build a collective knowledge network and inform future learning from the experiences.
The person will be responsible for;
1. Identification and documentation from the existing reports, partners and field exercise of the good practices and lessons learnt for the five identified outputs for the review.
2. Undertaking further in-depth analysis and documentation of the lessons learnt, and good practices for each output.
3. Providing support to the Dean in development of International Relations and Diplomacy Resource Centre (IRDRC) for enhancing the practice of diplomacy, applied research and modern teaching/learning.
Details on the expected outcomes are available on the link provided below.
The person should;
- At least be a holder of Bachelor’s degree in International relations and diplomacy or related field with passion in the development of knowledge in digital form and use of social media platforms to advance good causes. Masters level qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Have photography skills for documentation.
- Sound technical knowledge and experience in mining archival data, as well as analysis and interpretation skills.
- Have proven record and solid understanding of Africa’s international relations with focus on East African Community, and Kenya.
- Be creative in approach to tasks and ability to generate new ideas that go above and beyond the designated task.
How to Apply
For more details, click on the following link; www.riarauniversity.ac.ke/careers
Interested candidates to send their applications to the Email address; email@example.com on or before 4th November, 2019.
More details: www.riarauniversity.ac.ke/careers